NI Extends PXI Platform Leadership With Industry's First All-Hybrid PXI Express Chassis Featuring PCI Express 2.0 x8 Links to Every Slot
- The NI PXIe-1085 all-hybrid chassis gives engineers the flexibility to combine more high-performance instrumentation in a single chassis for multifunctional automated test systems while maintaining backward compatibility with existing instrumentation.
- This new chassis features PCI Express 2.0 x8 links to every slot and offers best-in-class bandwidth of 4 GB/s/slot and 12 GB/s total system bandwidth.
National Instruments (Nasdaq: NATI) today introduced the industry’s first all-hybrid PXI Express chassis featuring PCI Express 2.0 x8 links to every slot for increased data throughput resulting in lower test times and reduced cost of test. The hybrid slot connectors deliver maximum flexibility in PXI and PXI Express module slot replacement, while the addition of hot-swappable fans and an easily replaceable power supply improves system availability in high-performance applications.
“With the release of the NI PXIe-1085 all-hybrid-slot chassis, NI continues to demonstrate its leadership in PXI, offering unrivaled performance, flexibility and value” said Eric Starkloff, NI vice president of product marketing for systems platforms. “This chassis expands the reach of PXI into even more demanding high-performance streaming applications such as RF record and playback while preserving backward compatibility with PXI modules released in the past 15 years.”
- PCI Express 2.0 x8 links to every slot for best-in-class bandwidth of 4 GB/s/slot and 12 GB/s system
- All-hybrid-slot backplane accommodates both PXI and PXI Express modules
- Remote system health monitoring improves system manageability
- Hot-swappable fans and a toolless, easily replaceable power supply improve total system availability
National Instruments Germany GmbH
Since 1976, National Instruments (www.ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI's graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company's long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Was ist Plug-and-Play?
Als Plug-and-play (PnP) wird in der Regel eine automatische Erkennung und Konfiguration von Hardwarekomponenten bezeichnet. Darüber hinaus verkürzt eine Plug-and-play- beziehungsweise Modul-Bauweise die Planung und Errichtung von Datacenter.Weiterlesen