Robust ARINC 600 Network Server for Avionic Applications
- ARINC 600, 4 MCU housing with status display
- Intel Core i7, quad-core processor
- 16-port managed Gigabit Ethernet Switch
- CompactPCI Serial technology
- 2 rugged hot-plug HDD/SSD shuttles with locking support
- 2 antenna interfaces for WiFi and/or 3G/4G cellular interfaces
- 2 USB 3.0 interfaces for fast data loading
- Multipurpose OLED graphic display
- Display port, USB 3.0, GB Ethernet and 2 SIM card slots accessible via the front flap
- Qualified according to DO-160G
The extremely robust, ARINC 600-conform and conduction cooled housing for the MP70S contains equally robust electronics, which are based on CompactPCI Serial. It exclusively uses firmly soldered components and does not need any sensitive and maintenance-prone cables. Due to the open CompactPCI Serial standard, the system also provides scalable performance, flexible I/O configuration and long-term availability.
The heart of the DO-160G tested and immediately application-ready MP70S, is a powerful Intel Core i7 processor, which perfectly prepares the airborne server, along with an integrated 16 port Ethernet switch and a storage capacity of up to 1.8 TB, for data intensive processing and networking tasks.
The integrated 16 port carrier grade Ethernet switch plus two hot-pluggable HDD/SSD shuttles guarantee, for example, reliable and uninterruptible passenger entertainment.
To connect to legacy aircraft equipment, the MP70S provides an interface for ARINC 429 and ARINC 717, as well as a discrete I/O. Two antenna interfaces enable WiFi- or 3G/4G-based data transmission.
Two USB 3.0 interfaces allow fast data upload and are, as with all other interfaces, easy accessible via the front flap of MP70S. A OLED status display completes the functionality of this robust network server.
Men Mikro Elektronik GmbH
MEN Mikro Elektronik – Profile and Mission
“Reliable Embedded Computing for a World in Motion.”
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in industrial and safety-critical applications.
- Safe computers and systems certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
- Flexible, configurable and robust box PCs
- Panel PCs for HMIs and digital signage
- Pre-configured built-to-order 19” systems
- Rugged CompactPCI boards and systems
- Network components in compact box format or 40 HP format
- Robust computer-on-modules for individual system designs
For individual requirements, starting with development through design-in and beyond, MEN provides its customers with advice and support as well as with system design, configuration and environmental qualification in accordance with industry standards.
The company’s core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh and extreme environmental conditions. Development, production and on-site testing laboratories guarantee traceability and high-quality products.
MEN Mikro Elektronik’s computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the transportation (rail & public transport, off-road & heavy vehicles, aerospace, marine) and industrial (automation, power & energy, medical) markets.
The company is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 (environment), EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS (railway) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road traffic) requirements and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.