BL51E - Rugged Box PC with Intel Apollo Lake I for Mobile Communication
- Intel Atom E3900 series
- Up to 8 GB DDR3 DRAM soldered
- 1 HDD/SSD shuttle
- 4 Gb Ethernet ports, 2 ports with PoE
- 4 PCI Express Mini Card slots with micro-SIM slots
- WLAN, 4G LTE, GPS or GLONASS
- 2 USB 2.0, 2 DisplayPort, 1 CAN, 4 UARTs
- 24 and 36 VDC PSU, with ignition
- -40°C to +85°C, fanless
- Compliant to EN 50155 and ISO 7637-2
Multi-talent for wireless communication and data storage
MEN's latest box PC, BL51E, is equipped with an Intel Atom E3950 with 1.6 GHz, and offers CPU performance scalability by a variety of other dual/quad-core processors from the Intel Atom E3900 series.
With 8 GB of DDR3 SDRAM memory, a backward-accessible SD card and a SATA HDD/SSD shuttle, as well as an integrated eMMC memory, the box PC has the necessary storage capacity, e.g. for entertainment servers or video surveillance systems.
The BL51E is typically used in the transportation sector, such as trains, buses or commercial vehicles, and can be used to provide wireless on-board functions like an internet connection for passengers, or to localize the vehicle.
A variety of I/O functions and options smoothly connect the BL51E to the IoT. The application provides four PCI Express mini-card slots with two micro SIM slots and dual SIM support. This provides maximum flexibility for implementing mobile service standards with up to 4G LTE or WLAN. There is also a GNSS interface for GPS or GLONASS.
Two display port interfaces with a maximum resolution of 4K, four Gigabit Ethernet, two of them with PoE (Power over Ethernet) support, two USB 2.0 ports, a serial I/O port and a CAN bus interface complete the I/O functions.
The complete system is designed for fanless operation in a temperature range of -40°C to +85°C. Thanks to the integrated 30 W/24 VDC wide-range power supply unit, the box PC complies with railway standard EN 50155 and with ISO 7637-2.
MEN Mikro Elektronik – Profile and Mission
“Reliable Embedded Computing for a World in Motion.”
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company - with approx. 300 employees worldwide - provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in mobile, industrial and safety-critical applications.
- Safe computers and systems certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
- Robust built-to-order box PCs
- Panel PCs for HMIs and digital signage
- Pre-configured built-to-order 19” systems
- Rugged CompactPCI boards and systems
- Network components in compact box format or 40 HP format
- Robust computer-on-modules for individual system designs
The company’s core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh and extreme environmental conditions. Development, production and on-site testing laboratories guarantee traceability and high-quality products.
MEN Mikro Elektronik's computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the rail and public transport markets and the embedded electronics markets (automation, aerospace, power & energy, off-road, medical, marine and other industries).
The company is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 (environment), EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS (railway) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road traffic) requirements and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.
MEN Mikro Elektronik is a member of:
- AMD Fusion Partner Program
- ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
- BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
- CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
- NXP Design Alliance
- Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance
- Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
- PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
- PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
- USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
- VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association)
- Wind River Partner Eco System
If you have further questions, contact:
Folke Probst, Marketing
Phone +49-911-99 33 5-175
Fax +49-911-99 33 5-901
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Mehr Effizienz für speicherintensive Anwendungen
IBM überrascht schon jetzt mit der Markteinführung neuer POWER-9-Systeme-Einsteigermodelle. Geplant war Frühjahr 2018. Das Server-Portfolio ist vor allem für speicherintensive Anwendungen wie zum Beispiel SAP HANA, IBM DB2 oder Oracle-Datenbanken konzipiert.Weiterlesen