All-round Carefree Switch Package: High-Speed Gigabit Ethernet Switch with Extension Cards on CompactPCI Serial
- Fully managed rugged Ethernet switch
- Fast data connection by X-coding
- Up to 25 Gigabit Ethernet ports on rear I/O
- Or 3 ports on front and up to 22 ports on rear
- 29 Gbit/s switch matrix
- -40 to +85°C with qualified components
- EN 50155 class TX compliant
High Speed, Reliability and Flexibility at Switch Level
The G102 CompactPCI Serial switch offers the user a 29 Gbit/s switch matrix, and up to 25 Gigabit Ethernet ports for their high-speed applications. Three Gigabit Ethernet interfaces on X-coded M12 connectors, as well as a service access are available at the front panel.
Various software protocols ensure data security, synchronous Ethernet, stable operation and temperature monitoring. The G102 also supports IEEE 1588v2 (Precision Clock Synchronization Protocol) on ports one to twelve and EEE (energy-efficient Ethernet) on all ports.
The G102 – like the G101 – provides up to 25 Gigabit Ethernet ports. Up to 22 ports can be addressed on the backplane and three of them at the front, or alternatively all 25 ports at the rear. This includes 12 ports with integrated 10/100/1000 Mbit/s copper PHYs.
If the application requires additional interfaces at the front of the system, MEN now also offers a series of line cards, which can be combined as desired according to the respective requirements. Each of these line cards lead four Ethernet interfaces from the backplane to the front – depending on the respective line card - either via M12 or RJ45 connectors, optionally A or X-coded, with or without PoE.
Like the switches themselves, the line cards are in 3U CompactPCI Serial format, they require only one slot on the backplane, they are designed for an operating temperature of -40°C to + 85°C and are prepared for conformal coating.
To complete and protect the operation, the G102 is fault-tolerant and restores itself: If a link is temporarily not available, it resumes operation after the fault has been repaired without a restart or reset. Thanks to the integrated self-test mechanisms, the Gigabit Ethernet switch is a very reliable component in communication systems.
Men Mikro Elektronik GmbH
“Reliable Embedded Computing for a World in Motion.”
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company - with approx. 300 employees worldwide - provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in mobile, industrial and safety-critical applications.
- Safe computers and systems certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
- Robust built-to-order box PCs
- Panel PCs for HMIs and digital signage
- Pre-configured built-to-order 19" systems
- Rugged CompactPCI boards and systems
- Network components in compact box format or 40 HP format
- Robust computer-on-modules for individual system designs
For individual requirements, starting with development through design-in and beyond, MEN provides its customers with advice and support as well as with system design, configuration and environmental qualification in accordance with industry standards.
The company's core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh and extreme environmental conditions. Development, production and on-site testing laboratories guarantee traceability and high-quality products.
MEN Mikro Elektronik's computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the rail and public transport markets and the embedded electronics markets (automation, aerospace, power & energy, off-road, medical, marine and other industries).
The company is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 (environment), EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS (railway) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road traffic) requirements and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.
MEN Mikro Elektronik is a member of:
- AMD Fusion Partner Program
- ARINC (Aeronautical Radio Incorporated)
- BavAIRia (Cluster for innovative aerospace technology in Bavaria)
- CNA (Center for Transportation & Logistics Neuer Adler e.V.)
- NXP Design Alliance
- Intel® IoT Solutions Alliance
- Open Source Automation Development Lab (OSADL)
- PCI-SIG (Peripheral Component Interconnect Special Interest Group)
- PICMG (PCI Industrial Computer Manufacturers Group)
- USB-IF (Universal Serial Bus Implementers Forum, Inc.)
- VITA (VMEbus International Trade Association)
- Wind River Partner Eco System