Compressed, fully text-searchable, ISO-compliant: PDF/A is ideal for digitised patient records
Unified, reliable, convenient archiving.
When a patient is admitted to hospital, scanning their records and saving them in PDF/A format creates the ideal conditions for the next step in the procedure: these digitised records can accompany the patient wherever they go through the hospital. Doctors and nursing staff can access all the information they need, wherever they are, whatever device they use and whatever operating system they run.
Longterm archiving and full-text searching.
Designed for long-term archiving, PDF/A can also meet the 30-year retention periods needed for medical documents. The ISO standard offers security to clinics, as staff benefit from its carefully-considered functionality: because the PDF compressor saves all scanned documents as PDF/A files, a unified archiving format is automatically created. Documents also offer full-text searching and can therefore be searched by patient name, admittance date or statement. Documents scanned in colour are displayed in colour too.
PDF/A in healthcare - Decisive advantages:
A unified archive:
- Patient documents archived consistently in PDF/A format
- Using the LuraTech PDF Compressor
- Can be integrated into HIS systems.
Outstanding document compression:
- First-class image quality and text legibility
- Colour scans are displayed in colour
- Standardised full-text searching using OCR
- Small file sizes, reducing storage costs and bandwidth requirements
Reliable long-term archiving:
- Open and read patient records, even after 30 years
- Documents in a reliable ISO standard format
High compatibility and future-proofing:
- Patient records can be accessed anywhere
- On any device or operating system, (not guaranteed for older formats such as TIFF/JPEG)
- Options for future, mobile devices
Optional Born Digital module:
- Integrate born-digital documents into HIS systems in PDF/A format
Want to learn more about PDF/A in healthcare and test the PDF Compressor? Why not take advantage of our free offer?
Register for our free webinar on the 4th of July 2012 at 3pm -
"You are cordially invited to our webinar, "PDF/A in Health Care"
Online registration: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/...
Speakers: Dr Bernd Wild, head of the PDF Association and Thomas Zellman, LuraTech
Download here the free demo version -
Discover for yourself the advantages of the PDF Compressor and the PDF/A archiving format. We offer a free demo version of the software.
Download demo version!
Click on the PDF/A Competence Centre's White Paper -
As a leading member of the PDF Association's "PDF/A Competence Centre", LuraTech has collaborated on the white paper "PDF/A in Health Care".
Any questions or suggestions?
Send us an email or give us a call - we look forward to hearing from you!
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Software":
CRM-Systeme – Eigentlich ja und warum dann doch nicht
Trotz einschlägiger Vorteile nutzen die meisten kleinen und mittleren Unternehmen noch kein CRM-System. Dabei kann die regelmäßige und organisierte Pflege der Kundenbeziehungen den Erfolg eines Unternehmens hinsichtlich Umsatz und Rentabilität steigern.Weiterlesen