Rigaku Raman Technologies, a leading pioneer of handheld and portable Raman spectrometers, today announced its next generation handheld analyser, the Rigaku Progeny, designed from the ground up to deliver the industry’s most comprehensive and accurate materials identification, and improved ease of use, adaptability and reliability. At Progeny’s core is an advanced miniature VPG-based 1064nm optical engine offering bench top quality analytical performance in a rugged, ergonomic and IP-68 sealed enclosure. Progeny’s fully customizable workflow software is 21 CFR Part 11 compliant and boasts a smartphone-inspired user interface (UI) shortening the learning curve, allowing rapid implementation of material ID methods, and significantly improving return on investment.
About the Rigaku Progeny
The new Progeny analyser has been designed for pharmaceutical, chemical manufacturing and academia markets and raises the bar on the speed and accuracy inspectors, chemists and scientists can expect from a handheld Raman analyser.
Key benefits of the new system include:
- Widest Range of Measurable Materials in its Class; Bench Top Instrument Performance
- 1064nm high-power excitation laser optimizes speed and sensitivity of analysis, minimizes fluorescence interferences, broadening the range of materials that can be measured when compared to other Raman laser types
- Innovative 512-pixel InGaAs detector delivers improved resolution, analytics and signal to noise, handling the most challenging mixture analyses
- Ultra-fast quad-core processor manages the most demanding search and quantification algorithms without requiring remote desktop work
- Sampling accessories and adjustable focus optimizes sensitivity and delivers the highest confidence in results from a broad range of samples