Moosacher Straße 80
80809 München, de
+49 (89) 3547-1402
New at Busworld: Kiepe Traction Inverter (KTI) is latest addition to electric mobility component range
▪ The Kiepe Traction Inverter (KTI) is a traction converter for electric buses and electric commercial vehicles
▪ The KTI combines the power electronics for the traction system and for charging the battery in a single system
▪ The Kiepe Traction Control (KTC) system enhances powertrain performance through state-of-the-art motor control
▪ Kiepe Fleet Management (KFM) is the digital solution for predictive maintenance and repairs
Kiepe Electric, a subsidiary of Knorr-Bremse, the global market leader for braking systems and a leading supplier of other rail and commercial vehicle subsystems, presents the Kiepe Traction Inverter (KTI), a brand-new converter for electric vehicles that combines the power electronics for the traction system and for charging the battery in a single system. The KTI will be unveiled at Busworld Europe in Brussels (October 18-23, 2019).
“Our range of harmonized electric mobility components continues to grow – our electrical systems expertise is really paying dividends in this market. The multifunctional KTI can be used for both the traction system and for charging the battery. Our smart Kiepe Traction Control system also raises the bar, delivering enhanced efficiency, driving stability and ease of maintenance,” says Kiepe Electric Managing Director, Dr. Heiko Asum. Designed for use on electric buses and electric commercial vehicles, and featuring the highest power density currently on the market, pilot testing of the KTI is scheduled to begin in mid-2020.
KTI available in single and dual output versions
Available in single and dual output versions, and suitable for decentralized installation throughout the entire vehicle, the KTI is fully compliant with the ISO 26262 standard for safety-related electrical systems in road vehicles. Featuring 2 x 200 kW outputs in a compact design, the dual KTI can supply power to two motors from a single 25 kg unit. This gives it the ability to drive two axles with average power requirements. The smart control system drives both asynchronous and synchronous (PSM) motors, with all the performance benefits offered by the KTC.
The KTI is supplied together with the traction control unit (TCU), and includes the software for functions such as brake blending and individually controllable axle torque. In addition, Kiepe Electric’s energy management system optimizes onboard electrical system efficiency through the Energy Control Unit (ECU). These core components of Kiepe Electric’s new E-Kit can be scaled up to a subsystem or even a complete electrical system for any electric vehicle.
Real benefits for fleet operators
“Vehicle operators benefit from enhanced performance and safety for their sustainable, resource-efficient electric vehicle fleets. This can significantly reduce life cycle costs,” explains Dr. Ludger Schülting, Head of Development at Kiepe Electric.
▪ High torque dynamics: the KTI’s smart control system makes it possible to increase potential torque by up to 30% using the same motor configuration.
▪ Lower energy consumption: the smart control system increases powertrain efficiency by 4.5%.
▪ Lower maintenance costs: highly dynamic active damping of powertrain torsional vibrations not only cuts maintenance costs and noise emissions but also reduces axle and transmission wear by delivering a smoother ride.
▪ Faster acceleration with anti-skid protection: up to 50% faster acceleration is achieved through optimized torque compensation when the vehicle slides or skids. This technology improves driving stability and reduces tire wear.
▪ High gradeability: the KTI optimizes hill start acceleration. The system has already been tested on gradients of 22%.
KTI supports the Kiepe Fleet Management and Smart Fleet Management systems
Smart Fleet Management (SFM) is Kiepe Electric’s groundbreaking energy management system for the latest generation of Kiepe Electric traction equipment for electric vehicles. In addition to the new Kiepe Electric Traction Inverter (KTI) and the smart Kiepe Traction Control (KTC) system, it also includes the Kiepe Fleet Management (KFM) system. KFM ensures trouble-free operation by providing preventive and predictive maintenance and repair management in a cloud-based solution.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.