The focus of the developments of 3DViewStation V2015.1 has been set to optimize further the handling of extremely large assemblies and the enhancement of the analysis functions.
The model tree has been replaced in order to accelerate selections in extremely large assemblies thereby improving filtering and isolation of large assemblies such as selecting 5000 parts of a specific color in a 100.000+ parts assembly. The filtering has been cut down now to fractions of a second. Performance and memory usage have been optimized by migration of the graphics kernel to DirectX 11 while ensuring to better support virtual systems.
There have also been enhancements in the area of analysis functions:
- A wall thickness analysis displaying color gradation based on the ray method has been added.
- The calculation of volume and surface will no longer be performed during loading, but is now accessible via a menu item.
- The presentation of results from the clash detection has been improved
- The SVG 2D-vector export of hidden line removed data has been enhanced
- Minimum bounding box, has been added
- PDF-Export has been enriched
- ISO-like dimensioning has been enhanced
- A new XML based API has been added, which is now available for all product flavors: Desktop, ActiveX and WebViewer.
The KISTERS 3DViewStation is developed by very closely following customer requirements; it is available as Desktop, ActiveX and HTML5 WebViewer product-versions. All product flavors are intended to be used together with a PLM-, ERP- or other management system providing all necessary APIs. For cloud, portal and web-solutions there is a HTML5-based WebViewer solution available, which does not require any client installation at all. All file formats can be used in combination with the intelligent navigation- and hyperlinking features to address needs of complex integration scenarios.