Since a while already KISTERS 3DViewStation Desktop supports reading of various 2D file formats from different sources, like Autodesk DWG, DXF, DWF, MS Office formats like DOCX, XLSX, PPTX but also Gerber, HPGL and many Bitmap file formats like PNG, JEPG, TIFF and more. With the 3DViewStation V2016.1 release now important functionality related to 2D file formats has been added. Similar to the existing 3D counterparts now 2D compare is possible, 2D measurements, 2D dimensions and 2D markups. The background of 2D drawings and also the color of all 2D objects can be changed now to black or white.
There have also been other enhancements:
- new 3D transform operations have been added:
- circle axis - circle axis
- rotate around axis incl. snap to circle center
- set and lock movement direction
- set and lock rotation axis
- Section planes can be defined by 3 points
- a template DLL is now provided to extend the UI & the functionality of 3DViewStation, i.e. to connect to any leading system or to add a customer specific special behavior.
The KISTERS 3DViewStation is developed by very closely following customer requirements; it is available as Desktop, ActiveX and HTML5 WebViewer product-versions. All product flavors are intended to be used together with a PLM-, ERP- or other management system like product configuration or service & spare part applications, providing all necessary APIs. For cloud, portal and web-solutions there is a HTML5-based WebViewer solution available, which does not require any client installation at all. All file formats can be used in combination with the intelligent navigation- and hyperlinking features to address needs of complex integration scenarios.