Adept Telecom deploys new O.Box business gateway, using Jungo's OpenSMB Software
- Adept Telecom announces the deployment of its O.Box business gateway, using Jungo’s OpenSMB (Open Small Medium Business) software platform.
- Adept’s O.Box, powered by Jungo’s OpenSMB, is a complete office-in-a-box managed gateway that offers advanced PBX, VoIP and security features to small businesses
Jungo Ltd., a leading provider of broadband gateway middleware, together with Adept Telecom, a leading manufacturer of communications solutions for small to medium businesses, today announced that Adept Telecom is to deploy its O.Box office gateway with Jungo’s OpenSMB Office-in-a-Box software platform.
Developed for Tier One operators, the O.Box provides advanced PBX, voice and data capabilities in a single, scaleable, low-cost platform that can be remotely configured and managed.
Operators deploying the O.Box have the ability to provide new revenue-generating services, differentiate through innovative applications, and enhance customer loyalty. Their customers will benefit from a service-rich, plug & play and solution which is highly affordable.
“We are proud to offer our clients, the operators, a solution for their SMB product line", said Frédéric Peilleron, Adept Telecom CEO. "Operators can offer their business subscribers a complete office-in-a-box solution with all the features they need to operate more efficiently in a secured environment. Small businesses can dramatically lower operational costs by eliminating the need for on-site IT personnel.”
Jungo is providing Adept with its advanced OpenSMB solution comprising the software foundation for small business gateways, as well as an application framework for the coordination and delivery of advanced IP-based services. These services include DSL home remote management services, remote backup capability. Furthermore, the solution provides a framework for delivering additional future services such as WiFi telephony and IP video conferencing. Delivering such services helps operators to generate new revenues, and significantly reduce customer churn.
"Jungo’s OpenSMB Office-in-a-Box solution effectively delivers a wide range of valuable SMB features and new revenue-generating services that significantly enhance the operators’ SMB offering,” said Dr. Yair Shapira, Jungo’s VP of Marketing. "Jungo and Adept provide a complete hardware/software solution that will help office users enjoy advanced voice and data capabilities, while minimizing setup and maintenance costs.”
Features and Applications
- PBX - Advanced Private Branch Exchange (PBX) capabilities such as call management and an embedded voice server as well as advanced features such as auto attendant, conferencing, and "hunt-groups" to enable a call to be directed to several extensions simultaneously or directed one-by-one to single users.
- Voice - includes up to 20 extensions of high-quality telephony through ISDN and PSTN access as well as cost effective SIP-compliant IP telephony. Users can call from their traditional analogue telephones or use dedicated IP or SIP phones.
- Least Cost Routing (LCR): Call cost can be dramatically lowered with the Least Cost Routing (LCR) feature that assures the most cost-effective voice route between IP, landline and cellular calls.
- Quality-of-Service (QoS) – Defined QoS capability to ensure delivery of time-critical services
- Security - Built-in VPN IPSec for remote secure connection when employees are away from the office; and, a built-in Firewall for secured connection.
- LAN: 10/100baseT Ethernet port Switch, USB slave port and WLAN: integrated WiFi board 802.11g (available at the end of 2007)
- CTI (Computer Telephony Integration) TAPI 2.2 application, Installation on PC connected to LAN/WLAN (up to 16), Full Telephone features, Directory, Call log
About Adept Telecom
Established in 1985, Adept Telecom, based in France, is a leader in the development, manufacture and marketing of communication platforms (PBX) for small businesses (up to 20 people). Products designed for this specific market segment are competitive, easy to use, quick to install and reliable. To find out more about Adept Telecom, please visit www.adept-telecom.com.
# # #
Cautionary Statement Concerning Forward-looking Statements
This document may contain certain “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on management’s views and assumptions regarding future events and business performance as of the time the statements are made. Actual results may differ materially from these expectations due to changes in global economic, business, competitive market, regulatory and other factors. More detailed information about these and other factors that could affect future results is contained in our filings with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. Any “forward-looking statements” included in this document are made only as of the date of this document and we do not have any obligation, nor do we undertake, to publicly update any “forward-looking statements” to reflect subsequent events or circumstances, except as required by law.
Jungo Ltd., an NDS Group company, is a provider of broadband home value-added service solutions. Jungo's flagship products, OpenRGTM (residential gateway software platform) and OpenSMBTM (small and medium business gateway software platform) enable broadband operators to deliver managed revenue-generating services to the digital home.
Jungo also offers a variety of connectivity software solutions for USB and PCI. These include WinDriverTM, a driver development toolkit that enables developers to create custom device drivers that can run on a multitude of operating systems without modification.
DriverCoreTM offers standard USB drivers, allowing device manufacturers to expose a variety of native communication interfaces via USB to different operating systems and platforms. USBwareTM is a complete, high quality and small footprint embedded USB software protocol stack, allowing device manufacturers to incorporate standard USB connectivity easily in their designs.
To find out more about Jungo, visit http://www.jungo.com/...