88250 Weingarten, de
+49 (751) 56146-111
New version of IXXAT's Powerlink stack now available
Conforms to the latest Powerlink specification DS 1.0.0
- Node monitoring on Controlled Nodes (CNs) via object 0x1016
- Support of all priority levels on Managing Nodes (MNs) for the allocation of the asynchronous communication channel
- Support of all mandatory and many optional objects according to the Powerlink specification DS 1.0.0
- Modification of the Node ID at run-time via the object dictionary
- Tool for the stack configuration with GUI for scaling and generation of the IXXAT Powerlink software (especially static parameters and the object dictionary)
- Switching between MN and CN functionality at run-time by changing the Node ID
- Bug fixes and adaptations to increase the compatibility with implementations of other vendors
Many well-known vendors do use the Powerlink stack from IXXAT in their products, so the software can be considered as the Powerlink reference implementation. The successful usage of IXXAT's protocol stacks in multiple devices in the certification tests simplifies the future certification of a Powerlink device considerable. Furthermore the interoperability of the stack was approved on several Powerlink plugfests and in many developed systems.
The IXXAT Powerlink software is the only one available on the market with an integrated configuration manager for the automatic control and update of the network configuration via the MN. An off-line configuration of the MN, with the aid of a separate configuration tool, enables the administration of all CN configuration files via the object dictionary.
To guarantee the maximum Powerlink performance, the stack is already prepared for the integration of various Ethernet controllers including hardware support. Especially for embedded systems, the integrated memory management for the administration of the configuration and application data within a non-volatile memory (e.g. Flash) is very important. The implementation of specification extensions, e.g. "High Availability" or "Multi Message Extension" is already planned. These features will be offered as optional packages as soon as available.
The new version of the IXXAT Powerlink stack is also available as IP core version, allowing the development of maximum performance Managing and Controlled Nodes based on FPGA technology. It will be ported soon for the IXXAT hardware products Industrial Ethernet Modul, Powerlink PCI Board PL-IB 300/PCI and PL/CANopen Gateway.
Due to the long-term experience in the area of Powerlink technology as well as the intensive collaboration in the technical working groups of the EPSG, IXXAT is the ideal development partner and product supplier for Powerlink.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.