10117 Berlin, de
+49 (30) 20913-274
Recharge your automotive battery expertise!
4th International Congress on Automotive Battery Technology from 9 - 11 May 2011
IQPC’s 4th International Congress on Automotive Battery Technology from 9 - 11 May 2011 in Wiesbaden will focus on the major developments in the field of li-ion battery research as well as the following topics:
• Special requirements for energy storage in automotive applications
• Best materials to overcome the drawbacks (e.g. safety, life span or thermal stability) of li-ion batteries
• The availability of and recycling possibilities for automotive lithium-ion and other rare metals to assess the danger of future shortage
Highlight of the first conference day on Monday 9 May will be a presentation by Dr. Jörg Kümpers, Director Validation & Testing at Johnson Controls – SAFT Advanced Power Solutions GmbH, Germany, in which he will discuss EV technology trends and applications and the current status of EV battery development.
On Tuesday 10 May, Dr. James H. Miners, Business Development Manager at Dow Europe GmbH, Switzerland will discuss advanced material selection for Li-ion batteries, including the optimization of cathode selection for lithium-ion applications and relative advantages of different cathodes.
On Wednesday 11 May, delegates are invited to participate in interactive workshops on the following topics:
• An introduction to li-ion batteries: Construction and material selection
• Developments in battery ageing: Testing, design and validation
• OEM's view on battery technology
• Pitfalls in procuring and using EV batteries
Experts from international companies and institutes such as Renault, Peugeot, Mitsubishi, Dow Europe, Fraunhofer ISC, and Toyota will present first-hand experiences and best practices.
Further information, including articles, whitepapers, and the full congress program, are available on www.battery-congress.com/PR
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.