10117 Berlin, de
+49 (30) 20913-274
Drivetrain Concepts for Wind Turbines Conference to return to Bremen
Main discussion points at the conference will include:
• Drivetrain solutions for next generation wind turbines – from gearbox to direct drive
• Achieving higher reliability, better availability and easier serviceability
• Assessing generator topologies for very large turbines for offshore wind power development
• Reducing drivetrain loads to avoid wear and fatigue in your mechanical components
• Identifying the key challenges in reducing the cost of energy (CoE) from wind power
In addition to the two main conference days, on Wednesday, 19 October, delegates can participate in interactive workshops to further their knowledge in the following areas:
• Generator systems for multi-megawatt wind turbines
• Mechanical requirements of wind turbine gearboxes
• High Temperature Superconductor technology for generators
Delegates will have the chance to discuss with experts first-hand the current challenges and developments in wind turbine drivetrains. Companies and institutions including Vestas Wind Systems A/S, E.ON Climate & Renewables GmbH, National Renewable Energy Centre, ABB Oy, the University of Manchester and Siemens Wind Power A/S have been invited to present their projects and expertise.
Further information, including articles, interviews and the preliminary program can be found at www.wind-drivetrain.com/PR
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.