Lyoner Straße 15
60528 Frankfurt am Main, de
+1 (650) 385-5735
Informatica PowerCenter Express Redefines Entry-Level Data Integration
Establishes Clear Growth Path from Departmental to Enterprise-Level Data Integration
PowerCenter Express builds on Informatica's industry-leading data integration technology and delivers a solution specifically designed to meet the needs of departmental projects and mid-market companies. IT departments are now able to support these previously stranded departmental projects while maintaining corporate standards throughout the organisation. The "Map Once, Deploy Anywhere" technology in Vibe provides investment protection for all data integration needs, ranging from entry level to enterprise level. PowerCenter Express Personal Edition is free for individual users, and the Professional Edition will be offered as a yearly subscription supporting up to five users per server.
"Neuralytix is excited about what Informatica is doing. Business innovation comes from individuals or small teams who want to challenge the status quo by searching for ways to generate competitive advantage creatively," said Ben Woo, founder and Managing Director at Neuralytix. "PowerCenter Express allows small businesses or individuals within larger enterprises to easily get started with a fit-for-purpose, high-quality data integration solution, knowing they can later scale to an enterprise-class platform if needed."
With PowerCenter Express:
- Departmental groups and medium-sized companies can quickly and cost-effectively incorporate proven data integration capabilities into daily business practices to unleash the potential of their data.
- Corporate IT teams can better serve "stranded" enterprise departments while retaining corporate-wide control, and can migrate PowerCenter Express development work to PowerCenter Enterprise editions, including the Big Data edition, as and when necessary - with no recoding.
"PowerCenter Express is bringing world-class data integration to departments and medium-sized businesses, because it is now extremely easy to download and get started with a proven, high-quality yet easy-to-use data integration product," said Todd Goldman, Vice President and General Manager, Data Integration and Data Quality at Informatica. "With the launch of PowerCenter Express, Informatica PowerCenter is the only portfolio providing clear investment protection across data integration needs, from small departmental tasks through enterprise and big data processing on Hadoop."
A New Paradigm for Departmental and Mid-Market Data Integration
PowerCenter Express addresses a strategic market segment currently underserved by hand-coding and harder-to-use, low-quality and poor-performing open-source data integration offerings. Tailored to the specific needs of departmental projects and mid-market businesses, PowerCenter Express:
- Installs in 5 minutes - Downloadable from Informatica Marketplace, PowerCenter Express can be installed in less than five minutes without the help of IT specialists.
- Powers rapid time-to-value - Graphical, codeless development (no need to learn Java, etc.), an intuitive interface and pre-packaged cheat sheets and videos that guide users step by step through data integration tasks drive rapid time-to-value.
- Provides an order-of-magnitude performance advantage - In internal benchmark tests, using the TPC-H benchmark data set against a leading open-source solution, PowerCenter Express exhibited overwhelmingly superior performance for many data integration tasks, including 12x faster memory aggregation and 3.1x faster joins.
- Delivers broad connectivity - PowerCenter Express includes prepackaged data integration connectors for the most common data sources, such as relational databases (Oracle, DB2, SQL, Sybase, ODBC, JDBC), XML, flat files, web services, social media (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Kapow and DataSift) and semi-structured files (PDF, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Keeps costs low - Simplified administration, configuration-free setup, codeless development and one-touch Informatica Marketplace integration keep total cost of ownership low.
Availability and Pricing
Both PowerCenter Express Personal and Professional editions are available to Informatica World 2013 attendees through a VIP Access programme. General market availability is scheduled for July 2013. PowerCenter Express Personal Edition supports a single user and is available free of charge. PowerCenter Express Professional Edition supports up to five users or servers and will be priced at $8K per user/year. For more information, view the video on YouTube: http://youtu.be/q9qju0w5p-o
Tweet this: @Informatica Power Center Express Redefines Entry-Level Data Integration http://bit.ly/13ru7k9
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to email@example.com.