Major European and US government websites Hacked and access for Sale
- The list includes (with original hacker's typos)
The 'traffic' probably stands for the number of records within the Database tables. The 'goods' in this case are probably the needed information for the 'Level of Control.' For 'full site admin' - probably the credentials and the URL of site administrator interface.
- The hacker is also selling personally identifiable information (PII) from hacked sites, for $20 per 1K records
- For example, here they want to sell a list of UConn staff
- In the screenshot below, the hacker tries to show proof of accessing the administrator interface for a major university
- The victims' vulnerabilities were probably obtained by SQL injection vulnerability automatic scanner and exploited in automatic manner, as the hacker published his methods in a post in some hacker forum - see screen shot and explanation
In the screen shot above we can see IRC "chat" between the SQLi "master" = @evil which issues the scanning commands and the exploiting "x0wner" which performs the commands. In this specific case @evil issues command for to x0wner to obtain DB tables names ("!tbls") from vulnerable link ("www.site.gr/athlete.php?id=...") x0wner reports its findings - the tables "activities","admin",...
Imperva is the global leader in data security. With more than 1,200 direct customers and 25,000 cloud customers, Imperva's customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, and managed service providers who rely on Imperva to prevent sensitive data theft from hackers and insiders. The award-winning Imperva SecureSphere is the only solution that delivers full activity monitoring for databases, applications and file systems. For more information, visit www.imperva.com, follow us on Twitter or visit our blog.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Sicherheit":
Was ist ITIL?
Die IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) ist eine Sammlung verschiedener praxiserprobter und bewährter Standardverfahren für die IT. Die Sammlung beinhaltet Prozesse, Funktionen und Rollen für IT-Infrastrukturen und -Services. Der Security-Management-Prozess nach ITIL hat die IT-Sicherheit zum Inhalt.Weiterlesen