Hanauer Landstraße 182 D
60314 Frankfurt am Main, de
+1 (508) 935-4200
Worldwide PC Monitor Market Undergoes a Slight Decline in the First Quarter of 2014, According to IDC
"Despite the overall decline, the shipment totals were stronger than the forecast of 31 million units," said Phuong Hang, Program Director, Worldwide Trackers at IDC. "Geographically, Japan and the Middle East and Africa (MEA) regions delivered the largest gains during the first quarter while Dell and HP both experienced solid shipment growth."
- LED backlight technology adoption continues to increase with a new high of 92% market share in 1Q14. This represents a year-over-year increase of 16.4%.
- Screen size of 21.x-inches wide has held the largest worldwide share for the last six quarters, with 20.5% share in 1Q14.
- Aspect ratio of 16:9 continues to dominate with 81.3% market share, which is 6.5 times the second most widely used Aspect ratio of 16:10.
- Touch screen monitors are still a small segment of the total PC monitor market at 0.4% share, with sales mostly in the U.S. at 32.8% of the total. HP holds a 35.1% share of the U.S. market.
- Dell - Dell maintained its number 1 position in 1Q14 with worldwide market share of 14.9% on shipments of 5.0 million units. Japan and Western Europe delivered the biggest gains for Dell with 32.4% and 14.7% quarter-over-quarter growth respectively, while the U.S. market remained essentially flat.
- Samsung -Samsung regained the number 2 position from last quarter in terms of total units shipped and maintained the top position in terms of total revenue with $1.11 billion in 1Q14. Its revenue represents 18.4% share in total market value.
- HP - Despite being ranked number 3 worldwide, HP holds the number 1 position in Canada and number 2 in the U.S. HP posted 8.9% year-over-year growth for the quarter.
- LG - LG maintained its number 4 position and continues to be the number 1 PC monitor vendor in Latin America with 33% share. It also achieved a new high in unit shipments of 3.5 million in 1Q14.
- Lenovo - Lenovo rounded out the Top 5 vendor ranking in 1Q14, buoyed by its number 1 position in Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan)(APeJ) with 2 million units. Lenovo's biggest gains in the quarter were in Japan and Western Europe with 16.6% and 5.3%, respectively.
About IDC Trackers
IDC Tracker products provide accurate and timely market size, vendor share, and forecasts for hundreds of technology markets from more than 100 countries around the globe. Using proprietary tools and research processes, IDC's Trackers are updated on a semiannual, quarterly, and monthly basis. Tracker results are delivered to clients in user-friendly excel deliverables and on-line query tools. The IDC Tracker Charts app allows users to view data charts from the most recent IDC Tracker products on their iPhone and iPad.
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an firstname.lastname@example.org.