One in Every Two Western European Energy Retailers Will Invest in New Customer Care Solutions, According to IDC Energy Insights Study
Key findings from the study include:
- Among enterprise IT solutions, ERP, security, and unified communication are the top 3 solutions in terms of ability to attract investments by Western European utilities over the next 12 months.
- Western European utilities' propensity for adoption in the public cloud space is mostly for content management solutions.
- Drilling down on security solutions, Western European utilities identified identity and access management, endpoint security, and network security as their main investment areas for the next 12 months.
- Regarding utilities' asset operations, asset management, plant maintenance, and network automation and control are the line-of-business (LOB) IT solutions expected to attract the most investment attention for new solutions and enhancements/upgrades over the next 12 months by Western European utilities.
- Regarding utilities' customer operations, customer care is the LOB IT solution expected to attract the most investment attention for new solutions and enhancements/upgrades over the next 12 months by Western European utilities.
More insights are revealed in the IDC Energy Insights study Utilities' IT Investment Priorities for Solutions - Results from the Western European Utilities 2014 Survey(IDC Energy Insights #EIOS10W, January 2015). The study analyzes the results of the annual IDC Energy Insights survey covering France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the U.K. The aim is to understand plans to invest in IT solutions (both enterprise management and line-of-business solutions). This is the third study in a series covering the survey carried out on utilities. The first study describes the survey methodology, while the second analyzes ICT budget spending distribution and patterns in evolution, and satisfaction with primary IT suppliers among utility enterprises in Western Europe. IDC Energy Insights will publish additional studies examining Western European utilities' adoption and investment plans for the four pillars (Big Data/analytics, mobility, cloud, and social), as well as a study specifically extrapolating and addressing data regarding utility retailers.
For more information or to arrange a one-on-one briefing with an IDC Energy Insights analyst, please contact Kanupriya at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDC Central Europe GmbH
IDC Energy Insights assists energy businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers that serve them, in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Staffed by senior analysts with decades of industry experience, our global research analyzes and advises on business and technology issues facing the utility and oil and gas industries. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc-ei.com or email email@example.com.