Hanauer Landstraße 182 D
60314 Frankfurt am Main, de
+49 (69) 90502-115
New IDC MarketScape Provides a Vendor Assessment of the Worldwide Business Consulting Services Market for 2012
"While consulting providers are generally perceived as capable, buyers of consulting services believe consulting vendors are weakest at ensuring projects meet their projected return on investment," stated Cushing Anderson, program vice president, Business Consulting Services research. "This vendor analysis shows that some vendors are better able to produce meaningful results than others."
The vendors included in this IDC MarketScape analysis are Accenture, Boston Consulting Group, Booz & Company, CSC, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, IBM, KPMG, McKinsey, and PriceWaterhouseCoopers. In addition to the vendors identified as "Leaders", four vendors were named as "Major Players". They are Boston Consulting Group, CSC, KPMG, and McKinsey.
Additional key findings include:
- Surprisingly, buyers are generally disappointed with the consulting provider's ability to deliver ROI for the project and maximize the project's value. Buyers believe this area is one of the weakest performance areas for consultants overall.
- Even though most firms describe themselves as capable of global delivery, an important factor for their clients is the ability to leverage local staff and resources on appropriate projects.
- Firms are generally quite good at demonstrating their ability to apply proven methodologies/tools and to provide a full spectrum of business consulting services; however, neither of these capabilities resonates particularly high for enterprises.
The report, IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Business Consulting Services Vendor Assessment 2012 (IDC #233425) assesses the capability and business strategy of many of the leading business consulting firms. This evaluation is based on a comprehensive framework and set of parameters expected to be most conducive to success in providing business consulting services during the short and long term. A significant component of this evaluation is the inclusion of the perception of business consulting buyers of both the key characteristics and the capabilities of these consulting providers.
IDC has also published MarketScapes for business consulting services in the Americas (IDC #233433), Asia/Pacific (IDC #233434) and EMEA (IDC #233426).
- In the Americas report, IDC evaluated the following providers of business consulting services: Accenture, BCG, Booz & Co., CSC, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, IBM, KPMG, McKinsey, and PwC. The following vendors were identified as "Leaders" in the region: Accenture, IBM, KPMG, and PwC.
- In Asia/Pacific, IDC evaluated Accenture, BCG, Booz & Co., CSC, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, IBM, KPMG, McKinsey, and PwC. The market "Leaders" for this region were Accenture and Deloitte.
- In EMEA, the following vendors were evaluated: Accenture, BCG, BearingPoint, Booz & Co., CSC, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, IBM, KPMG, McKinsey, and PwC. The vendors named market "Leaders" in this region were Accenture, Deloitte, EY, IBM and PwC.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
For more information about IDC MarketScapes, please contact Karen Moser at email@example.com.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.