Key market drivers include:
- Changing consumer expectations
- Competitive advantage gained by early adopters
- Market investment by the world's largest IT providers
- Marketing as a Service (MaaS)
- The rise of agencies and business process outsourcers (BPOs) as alternative providers
The study, Software Solutions for Marketing 2014-2018 Forecast (IDC #251902) examines the software solutions for marketing market for the period from 2011 to 2013. The forecast covers 76 categories of software for marketing that are organized into four areas: interaction systems, content production and management, data and analytics, and marketing management and administration.