IDC Significantly Expands CIO Agenda Research Program with Seven Influential Research Advisors
CIO Agenda research from IDC's IT Executive Program is grounded in IDC's unequaled quantitative IT research as well as the rich diversity delivered by dedicated industry research teams with analysts located in more than 50 countries worldwide.
According to Joseph Pucciarelli, Vice President and IT Executive Advisor, "Business leaders and IT executives are seeking more broadly informed advice and guidance for all categories of IT initiatives, particularly insight derived from professional experience combined with market research and international focus. By fusing the outlook and opinions of a broadly based cross section of industry practitioners, academicians, and IT professionals, IDC can provide more relevant, tailored, and focused guidance for executives within enterprise-class IT organizations."
The seven Research Advisors joining the CIO Agenda program are:
- Dr. Ron Babin has over 20 years experience as a senior management consultant with firms such as Accenture and KPMG, and is currently Associate Professor of IT Management at the Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University in Toronto. His research focuses on outsourcing and IT management issues, with particular attention to the vendor/client relationship and social responsibility.
- Dr. Ankush Chopra is an innovation expert with more than 18 years of experience leading and enabling business transformations. He is currently an Associate Professor of Innovation at the Fribourg School of Management in Fribourg, Switzerland and former Assistant Professor of Management at Babson College. His research focuses on issues such as overcoming challenges of innovation and transforming business and organizations.
- Sanjay Gupta, a former CIO, leverages more than 20 years of firsthand executive experience dealing with strategic and tactical IT challenges to help technology and business leaders grow their businesses. His research focuses on strategizing, applying, and quantifying how information technologies are affecting business organizations, particularly from the perspective of CIOs and Board of Directors.
- Bill Keyworth has led the industry's focus on IT service management as a critical component for managing the dynamic needs of business enterprises for over 30 years. Capitalizing on research and consulting roles at three IT analyst firms and product marketing/management roles at six software vendors, his research focuses on achieving IT operational excellence through service management initiatives.
- Fred Magee brings more than 25 years of expertise on organization and strategic planning that has helped clients anticipate and manage the disruptive impact of strategic transitions like mergers, rapid growth, and applications that fundamentally change business performance. His research identifies critical factors affecting investment decisions, from initial formulation to final outcome as deployed business systems.
- Mike Rosen, author of numerous books, leverages 35 years of technology, development, and architecture experience with firsthand expertise in balancing strategic and tactical demands. As a former product architect, solution architect, enterprise architect, and analyst, his research translates architectural skills, knowledge, and experience into success criteria for architecture initiatives and business transformations.
- Dr. Paul Strassmann served as a CIO for 42 years for organizations including General Foods, Kraft, Xerox, Department of Defense, and NASA. He also served as the Director of Defense Information, Office of the Secretary of Defense. His advice is widely sought by private and public enterprises and he has published extensively on the economics of information systems, information productivity, and knowledge capital. His research focus is on systems reliability and security.
IDC Central Europe GmbH
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of IT market intelligence and advisory services. IDC helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based decisions on technology purchases and business strategy. More than 1,100 IDC analysts provide global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries worldwide. For more than 49 years, IDC has provided strategic insights to help our clients achieve their key business objectives. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 508-872-8200. Visit the IDC Insights Community at https://idc-insights-community.com.