Hanauer Landstraße 182 D
60314 Frankfurt am Main, de
+39 (228) 457367
IDC Manufacturing Insights Releases Top 10 Predictions for EMEA Manufacturing in 2010
"In 2010, the European economy will grow again with manufacturing enterprises going back to invest in ICT. However, the expectations are for a soft upturn, resulting in tough market competition for domestic markets and the need to exploit new emerging markets, particularly China," said Pierfrancesco Manenti, EMEA research director, IDC Manufacturing Insights. "To win the global competitive battle, European manufacturers will have to differentiate by achieving operational excellence in all business areas. To reach that goal it is essential for manufacturers to have realtime visibility and intelligence about what's happening across the boundaries of their organization and along the value chain."
Specific 2010 manufacturing top 10 predictions for EMEA are:
1. Achieving operational excellence will be essential to take advantage of the soft upturn
2. Realtime, intelligent value chains will enable manufacturers to achieve operational excellence
3. Manufacturers will apply lean innovation principles to support business strategy
4. Manufacturing companies will see factory assets as part of a fulfillment network
5. Manufacturing and supply chain execution investments will converge in a single fulfillment execution system
6. Manufacturers will rethink their global supply chain structures, embracing the profitable proximity sourcing approach
7. Enterprises will move beyond mere compliance and will consider sustainability a business priority
8. Manufacturers will foster business mobility to exploit emerging markets and become truly global
9. CIOs will adopt consumptionbased ICT cost models
10. IT spending growth will recover in 2010, although precrisis growth rates will remain a memory
In the IDC Manufacturing Insights study, EMEA Manufacturing 2010 Top 10 Predictions (Doc #MIAS02S/ Feb 2010), by Pierfrancesco Manenti, presents IDC Manufacturing Insights' top 10 predictions for the EMEA manufacturing industry in 2010. The study was also presented as part of a Web conference on February 2nd, 2010. Recordings from the webcast can be found here: http://www.idc-mi.com/...
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.