Hanauer Landstraße 182 D
60314 Frankfurt am Main, de
+39 (228) 457367
IDC Energy Insights Releases Top 10 Predictions for EMEA Utilities in 2010
According to Roberta Bigliani, EMEA research director for IDC Energy Insights, "The utility industry in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa is ready for a positive 2010, after the recession in 2009. Economic trends are looking up, beginning with an improvement in 2010 GDP forecasts. The European Union has allocated significant funds to the energy sector as part of its economic recovery plan, and while investments in renewable energy were down in 2009, installation capacity continued to grow. At IDC Energy Insights, we predict that intelligent grid ICT spending in EMEA will reach $8 billion in 2010."
Each year, IDC Energy Insights looks at the impact of industry trends on investment in IT. Our predictions and market forecast for IT spending are based on these assessments. This report covers IDC Energy Insights' top 10 predictions for the European, Middle Eastern, and African (EMEA) utility industry in 2010. The report covers both energy and information technologies.
To develop meaningful technology predictions for the utility industry, in this report IDC Energy Insights evaluates the overall economic condition, and the industry's business and regulatory environment, since this environment ultimately determines investments in technology. Finally, IDC Energy Insights examines the key drivers for each prediction.
IDC Energy Insights' top 10 predictions for EMEA utilities in 2010 are as follows:
1. ICT and energy technologies will drive energy efficiency and emission reductions
2. Renewables, distributed generation, and clean tech will continue to grow in 2010
3. 2010 will be a turning point for electric vehicles
4. Intelligent grid ICT spending in EMEA will reach $8 billion in 2010
5. Smart cities are emerging as holistic playgrounds for lowcarbon economies
6. Operational efficiency will be a must for retail suppliers
7. Smart gas metering will be more than just a theory
8. The water market will continue to snooze in 2010
9. CIOs will focus on applications that improve companies' competitiveness
10. EMEA utility industry IT spending will continue to grow in 2010
In this IDC Energy Insights study, EMEA Utilities Industry 2010 Top 10 Predictions, (Doc #EIOS01S / Jan 2010), by Roberta Bigliani and Gaia Gallotti, presents IDC Energy Insights' top 10 predictions for the EMEA utility industry in 2010. The study was also presented as part of a Web conference on January 26, 2010. Recordings from the webcast can be found at: http://www.idc-ei.com/...
This report is available for purchase at www.idc-ei.com
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.