Notable highlights from the fourth quarter of 2015 include:
- The contractual trend continues to grow year over year in the fourth quarter of 2015 with more than 1.6 million units being shipped for managed print services.
- Epson outperformed all other vendors in the top 5 in the fourth quarter with approximately 4.9 million units shipped, flat from last year. The vendor’s L series remains strong despite now having competition from all other major vendors. Epson also enjoyed year-over-year growth in the business inkjet segment with its large ink tanks.
- The Canadian HCP market grew 7.2% year over year to 2.7 million units shipped. Both inkjet and laser markets experienced year-over-year growth of 1.7% and 5.5%, respectively. The top three laser vendors (Brother, HP, Samsung) all showed positive growth in the quarter. Brother moved a great deal of product for back to school in the third quarter with remaining stock being sold off at Cyber Monday sales. Samsung grew through large Boxing Day promotions at Best Buy and Staples.
- IDC tracks A2-A4 devices in the Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals
- Hardcopy Peripherals include single-function printers, multifunctional systems (MFPs), and single-function digital copiers (SF DC). Data for all vendors are reported for calendar periods.
About IDC Trackers
IDC Tracker products provide accurate and timely market size, vendor share, and forecasts for hundreds of technology markets from more than 100 countries around the globe. Using proprietary tools and research processes, IDC's Trackers are updated on a semiannual, quarterly, and monthly basis. Tracker results are delivered to clients in user-friendly excel deliverables and on-line query tools. The IDC Tracker Charts app allows users to view data charts from the most recent IDC Tracker products on their iPhone and iPad. The IDC Tracker Chart app is also available for Android Phones and Android Tablets.
Hewlett-Packard Company, Brother Industries, Ltd., Canon Inc., Seiko Epson Corp., Samsung
Multifunction peripherals, Printers