Delegates from industry, authorities and academia will discuss and present news and challenges of the manufacturing and end-of-life vehicle (ELV) business. The congress will bring together the various links in the ELV recycling chain such as car manufacturers, metal and plastic scrap traders, recyclers, shredder operators and policy-makers from all over the world.
Over 250 international industry leaders will be expected.
The main topics are:
- Benefits of the circular economy for car manufactures and recyclers
- Country reports and updates on new laws and regulations regarding
- Safety aspects of collection and recycling of electric vehicles
(cars, trucks, buses, bikes)
- Update on future cars and its impact on recycling
- Autonomous driving vehicles impact on car recycling
- Next generation recycling processes and equipment
- Innovations in dismantling, shredding and sorting
- How to recycle new materials used in future cars
- Recycling of batteries and other hazardous components
- Reuse & refurbishment - How about data security?
DI Christian Holzer, Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Environment and Water Management will focus his speech on “How Austria Enforces its Regulations Regarding
Joseph M. Holsten, LKQ Corporation, Chairman of the Board, will talk about “The World of Dismantling - BIGGER Than you Think”.
Christophe Pillot, AVICENNE ENERGY, Director, will present “The E-Mobility Market:
A Challenging Future for Batteries”.
A large exhibition area is integrated into the conference facilities, where vendors meet their clients. Cocktail receptions and a memorable networking dinner at the beautiful “Kursalon” create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, colleagues and competitors.
Participants of the IARC 2018 will have the exclusive chance to visit the following leading recycling plants on March 16, 2018:
- ENAGES Energie- und Abfallverwertungs Gesellschaft m. b. H.
- Gebrüder Gratz GmbH - Gratz Recycling GmbH - G&S Metallwerk GmbH
- Müller-Guttenbrunn Group - MGG Metrec, MGG Metran & MGG Polymers