"EdgeClips are ideal for securely fastening cables, hoses and harnesses wherever drilling holes or using adhesive mounts is not an option in industrial applications", says Torben Konetzny, Product Manager for Fixing Ties & Elements at HellermannTyton.
Today, HellermannTyton customers can select from over a hundred different EdgeClip variants. The wide variety reflects the company’s depth of experience helping original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and harness confectioners utilise the edges in their constructions for greater routing flexibility and efficiency.
"We developed this large EdgeClip variant to help engineers utilise the thicker panel edges commonly available in heavy duty machinery and vehicles", explains Torben Konetzny. “The key to the EdgeClip success story is our comprehensive knowledge of the interplay between edge dimensions and material hardness, pull-off forces for different routing directions, and translating the individual fastening functionality requirements our customers into a reliable part.”
Despite its large size, the EdgeClip EC6-8 is easy to push on by hand without the aid of tools. It is supplied pre-assembled with an outside-serrated T50ROS cable tie and can be used to fasten cables and conduits securely on panel edges measuring 6.0 mm to 8.0 mm in thickness.
Technical specifications at a glance:
- EdgeClip dimension (H x L): 19.1 x 13.5 mm
- Panel dimensions: 6.0 mm – 8.0 mm with minimum height of 10.9 mm
- Bundle ∅ min/max: 1.0 mm (SD variant for very small bundles)/45.0mm
- Bundle direction: retained on top of clip running horizontal to the edge
- EdgeClip casing: polyamide 6.6, high impact modified, heat stabilised
- Integrated metal clamp material: double tempered steel, three-stage chrome VI free coated
- Operating temperature range / flammability: -40° C to + 105° C / UL 94 HB
View this part and add it to a personalised watchlist on the HellermannTyton website:
Further information about the EdgeClip product family is available here: https://www.hellermanntyton.com/competences/cable-clips-for-edges