The series features two new inserts to facilitate fast and secure data transmission. A D-coded version is capable of providing end devices with up to 100 Mbit/s Cat 5 Fast Ethernet, thereby facilitating Profinet-based communication. The second, X-coded version can even provide end devices with up to 10 Gbit/s, Cat 6A connections – High-Speed Ethernet. This performance is required, for example, by applications involving live camera systems. Both data versions feature complete shielding, are fitted with crimp contacts and will be available this quarter.
The Han® 1A series impresses with compact, lightweight and highly versatile rectangular connectors in a plastic housing. It is particularly well suited to connecting decentralised devices, promoting modular system design and supporting miniaturisation in machine building automation. Han® 1A solutions require up to 30% less space by comparison with the next-smallest rectangular connectors in the HARTING portfolio to date.
With the introduction of these new plug-in data connectors, the series is now offering solutions spanning all three lifelines in automation technology – data, signal and power.
Han® 1A offering a wealth of benefits:
- A connector for all three lifelines of industry
- Modular system: all data insert attachments and accessories can also be used for power and signal versions. In this respect, the series follows the principle of a small number of components facilitating a wide range of different versions, thereby reducing storage costs.
- Han® 1A features a fast, simple and secure lock system: a snap-in latch and a locking lever
- Compared to circular connectors with metal housings, the high-performance plastic in the Han® 1A series also delivers the benefits of lower weight.
- Virtually unlimited applications: in shielded (e.g. control cabinets) and unshielded industrial settings. IP20 and IP65 solutions can be optionally and infinitely configured as desired.
- The Han® 1A series is also ideal for the rail sector; the series meets the requirements for R22 (interior) / R23 (exterior) in accordance with EN 45545-2 as well as shock and vibration resistance requirements as stipulated by EN 61373, Cat. 2.