Up to now, docking connectors have only featured the “plugged in” and “not plugged in” states. The Han-Modular® Sliding Frame now allows three different plug-in states – and thus offers completely new solutions for drawer systems.
- “Unplugged position”: The signal connector and the power connector are both unplugged. The drawer is not in the switch cabinet.
- “Testing position”: The drawer is pushed into the switch cabinet and the signal connector is mated in the sliding frame. Between both sides of the power connector, which is located next to the signal connector, a distance of about 35 mm remains so that no power is transmitted. The system is in a safe state and can be checked via the inserted signal connector.
- “Working position”: After the test has been performed, the drawer including the power connector can be pushed completely into the switch cabinet. Here, the signal connector in the Han-Modular® Sliding Frame moves in the direction of the cabinet’s rear panel along with the drawer – until the power connector is also in the working position. The system can now safely be put into operation.
- Docking connector with integrated test position facilitates the cost-effective mechanical design of drawer systems for applications in MCC
- High flexibility in the electrical design due to the wide range of options offered by the Han-Modular® series with over 100 different connector modules
- Bus systems, e.g. Profibus or Ethernet can be easily integrated or retrofitted
- Cost-effective and flexible solution