Media Alert: Gartner Announces SOA & Application Development and Integration Summit 2009
SOA Health Check: In Tough Times, Reconsider Everything, Evolve, Enable Change
Details: IT departments are asking themselves: "Is there real value in service-oriented architecture (SOA) or is it just hype? What can it do for me right now?"
The Gartner SOA & Application Development and Integration Summit 2009 answers these critical questions by discussing how SOA and related technologies - including application development and integration, data integration, platform middleware, business activity monitoring (BAM), Web 2.0 and cloud - can help organisations efficiently tackle the challenges ahead and emerge from the downturn ahead of the competition.
At the Summit, 19 leading Gartner analysts will advise delegates striving to increase operational efficiency and reduce costs through SOA. In addition, they will help delegates derive value from architectural approaches such as events processing, business process management (BPM), composite applications, master data management (MDM), extreme transaction processing (XTP) and multi-enterprise B2B to take advantage of the opportunities tough times come with.
Over two days, the Summit features 38 Gartner sessions and nine end-user case studies in four tracks:
- The Business and the Governance of SOA
- Application integration and SOA Technology
- Operational Efficiency Through SOA
- Enabling Growth Through Multi-Enterprise SOA
Gartner Keynotes and Presentations
- Gartner research vice president Paolo Malinverno: Gartner Opening Keynote: SOA Health Check: In Tough Times Reconsider Everything, Evolve, Enable Change
- Gartner vice president and fellow Massimo Pezzini: Gartner Closing Keynote: There is Life After the 'Perfect Storm': Technology trends to Watch Guest Speaker
- Chief technology officer, bwin, Dr Thomas Kiessling: Executive Keynote: bwin Raises the Stakes for Online Poker with SOA
Journalists on-site will be able to:
- Attend some of the 38 Gartner sessions and nine end-user case studies taking place over two days
- Schedule 1-1 interviews with Gartner analysts and end-users on-site and record these interviews for use in broadcasts and podcasts
- Interact with more than 400 senior IT and business decision-makers on-site
- Meet technology providers and discuss their latest products
The latest SOA and ADI offerings will be discussed by more than 30 key vendors that will be exhibiting at the conference. A listing of current sponsors is available on the sponsors' page at www.europe.gartner.com/soa
Gartner UK Ltd
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading information technology research and advisory company. Gartner delivers the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. From CIOs and senior IT leaders in corporations and government agencies, to business leaders in high-tech and telecom enterprises and professional services firms, to technology investors, Gartner is the indispensable partner to 60,000 clients in 10,000 distinct organizations. Through the resources of Gartner Research, Gartner Executive Programs, Gartner Consulting and Gartner Events, we work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has 4,000 associates, including 1,200 research analysts and consultants in 80 countries. For more information, visit www.gartner.com