Gartner Business Intelligence Summit, 5.-7. Februar 2008, Amsterdam
According to a recent Gartner survey of over 600 respondents in Europe, the largest business intelligence problem facing organisations in the next 12-18 months is making BI more pervasive among business users. "This shows that the benefits of business intelligence are not seen by the right business users and are not helping them better measure and manage their performance," said Andreas Bitterer, Gartner research vice-president and co-chair of the Business Intelligence Summit.
At Gartner's Business Intelligence Summit 2008, 19 leading Gartner analysts will explore how BI investments can be made more strategic, and how they should form part of a performance management strategy that addresses the needs of business users at all levels. Gartner will also explore the BI market in light of the recent rapid consolidation in the BI markets, as this signals a seismic shift in the "traditional" world of BI.
The Summit brings together a powerful blend of Gartner expertise, end-user case studies and vendor showcase sessions in four tracks: performance management; organising for BI; technologies, infrastructure and architectures; emerging trends in BI, plus a virtual track on BI Competency Centres (BICC), including new research, new case studies and best-practice advice in 75 sessions over three days.
Highlights in the agenda include:
- Gartner Keynote I: The End of Business Intelligence – As We Know It Speaker: Andreas Bitterer Tuesday 5 February, 09:15-10:05
- Comparing the Mega Vendors Microsoft, Oracle and SAP on Their Products and Strategies Speakers: Andreas Bitterer, Bill Hostmann, Neil Chandler Wednesday 6 February, 11:45-12:40
- Gartner Keynote II: Measuring and Managing Corporate Performance: The State of the Art Speaker: Nigel Rayner Thursday 7 February, 15:20-16:00
In addition, the Summit will feature presentations from our content partner, McKinsey & Company and end user case studies from major global organisations, including:
- Keynote: The Top CEO Priorities – How Business Intelligence Can Help Speaker: Janaki Akella, partner, business technology office, McKinsey & Company Tuesday 5 February, 10:25-11:10
- End-User Case Study: Intelligence Forums In Action – A Case-Study from Cisco Speaker: Anders Jäderling, Director of Operations, Cisco Europe Wednesday 6 February, 15.35-16.15
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Software":
Apps effizient und sicher in die Cloud migrieren
Multi- und Hybrid-Cloud-Umgebungen sind längst in den Unternehmen angekommen – und mit ihnen eine zunehmend zersplitterte IT-Infrastruktur. Gerade bei der Anwendungsbereitstellung kann diese empfindlich Sand ins Getriebe bringen.Weiterlesen