81829 München, de
+49 (89) 998370-20
Gartner Announces Information Security Summit 2009
Managing Risk and Securing Information: Your Role, Your Priorities, Your Tactics
- What: Gartner Information Security Summit 2009
- When: 21-22 September
- Where: Royal Lancaster Hotel, London, UK
- Twitter hashtag: #GartnerSec
Details: In these challenging times when money is tight and cyber-risks are increasing, information-security and risk professionals have an important duty to simultaneously improve security, while reducing costs. This year's Gartner Information Security Summit emphasises the role of the increasingly specialised individual practitioner.
Over two days, the Summit gathers 13 leading Gartner analysts who will provide practical and actionable know-how to establish effective programmes in identity & access management, data-loss prevention, vulnerability management and organisations' overall security structure. In addition, they will share best practices to help the individual practitioner lead a successful information-security and risk-management team. The Summit features more than 60 sessions including Gartner keynotes, guest keynotes, end-user case studies, and a series of workshops and panel sessions over four insightful tracks:
- A Secure Infrastructure is No Luxury
- Protect Data and Applications to Deliver Higher Business Value
- Meeting Expectations for IT Risk and Compliance Management
- Leading the Security and Risk Management Team Through Turbulent Times
Gartner Keynotes and Presentations
- Christian Byrnes, Gartner Managing Vice President: Gartner Strategy Keynote: Your Role in Information Security
- Jay Heiser, Gartner Vice President: Gartner Closing Keynote: The Future of Information Security
- Spencer Kelly, Technology Tourist, Presenter of BBC Click: Plenary Session: Milestones and Monsters
- Prof. Fred Piper, Information Security Group, Royal Holloway, University of London: Plenary Session: Making the Real-World Trade-Off: Balancing the Costs of Security and Insecurity
End-User case Studies
- Olivier Nijland, IT Risk Manager, Euroclear: Instituting an IT Risk Reporting and Management Framework at Euroclear
- Santiago Minguito, Information Security Manager, Banc Sabadell Group: Using DLP to Prevent Misuse of Confidential Information
- Jan A Svensson, Director of Information Security, City of Göteborg: A Practical Integration of ISO 27001 and ISO 27005 for Superior Security Management
- Alexander Hermann, Security Project Manager, Swiss Federal Railways: Implementing Network access Control for the Swiss Federal Railways
- Jim Heard, Information Security Manager, Centrica Energy: Security Essentials for the 21st Century: Security Leaders Not Just Managers
Journalists on-site will be able to:
- Attend some of the 33 Gartner sessions, two thought-leader keynotes and seven end-user case studies taking place over two days
- Schedule 1-1 interviews with Gartner analysts and end-users on-site and record these interviews for use in broadcasts and podcasts
- Interact with more than 400 senior IT and business decision-makers on-site
- Meet technology and service providers and discuss their latest offerings
The latest security offerings will be discussed by key vendors that will be exhibiting at the conference. A listing of current sponsors is available on the sponsors' page at www.europe.gartner.com/...
For further information on the Summit, please visit the Gartner Information Security Summit 2009 website at www.europe.gartner.com/...
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.