Medical imaging and diagnostic microscopy applications will benefit from the outstanding speed in fast moving imaging applications like blood flow or organ movement. Whole-slide imaging is another area that can benefit from faster frame rates. For low light fluorescence conditions, where signal to noise ratios are critical, the low noise performance and high resolution of the camera help to recog-nize extremely small elements for a more accurate analysis. High resolution and higher sensitivity is achieved by the interplay of the EXview HAD II technology and 2x2 binning that results in a 4 times larger sensor area.
The INFINITY3-3UR maximizes the high frame rate capability of the sensor by using a high-speed USB 3.0 data interface at 5 Gbits/s to send streaming video and still image capture to a computing platform. The INFINITY3-3UR takes advantage of Lumenera’s unique memory buffer technology so frames are not lost while running the camera at the sensor’s maximum output. Computer friendly USB 3.0 technology means that no framegrabber is required, eliminating the hassles and extra costs of integration.
The research-grade designation of the INFINITY3-3UR is a result of the low noise electronics, high-grade components and unique thermal management techniques implemented inside the camera. To-gether with Lumenera’s strong onboard image pre-processing, the end result is an industry-leading, low noise performance digital camera, unique in its class. The INFINITY3-3UR includes INFINITY AN-ALYZE software for advanced camera control, image processing, measurement and annotation, as well as INFINITY CAPTURE.
“The new Lumenera INFINITY3-3UR is running faster than any other ICX674 USB microscopy camera on the market today. This camera is one of the few that fully delivers on the performance of the Sony ICX674 EXview HAD II CCD sensor, and is the only one to do so on USB3.0. We are proud to introduce it especially for better diagnostics in medical imaging.” says Dr. Ronald Müller, Head of Product Marketing at FRAMOS.
- Fastest USB 3.0 microscopy camera on the market
- Sony’s ICX674 2.8 MP (1936 x 1456) progressive scan CCD sensor
- 53 fps at full resolution
- 2/3” optical format
- High quality, high sensitivity, low noise
- Built-in memory buffer for reliable delivery of Images
- Built-in image pre-processing in FPGA to offload computer CPU demands
- Image correction for exceptional, high quality Images
- Design based on performance and reduced noise electronics
- Robust enclosure with heat dissipation capabilities
- Proven, industrial API with field-tested drivers for easy integration
- High-end manufacturing process
- Product includes INFINITY ANALYZE and CAPTURE software