86607 Donauwörth, de
+49 (906) 7157-39
Eurocopter signs cooperation agreement with the Malaysian government related to the supply of 12 EC725 helicopters
In the presence of H.E. Dato' Seri Kong Cho Ha Minister of Transport Malaysia, Dato' Sri Dr. Haji Ismail Bin Haji Ahmad Secretary General, Ministry Of Defence Malaysia, General Tan Sri Rodzali bin Daud Chief of Royal Malaysian Air Force and Dato' Nadzri Bin Siron Undersecretary, Procurement Division, Ministry Of Defence Malaysia, Eurocopter was truly honoured to sign this contract with the Malaysian Government.
This contract includes 13 comprehensive cooperation projects to be developed with the objective of strengthening Malaysian strategic aeronautical skills and capabilities together with specific attention in education through the development of aeronautical training capabilities in association with Malaysian Universities.
The main fields of cooperation are as below:
- Integration of Malaysian Industry into Eurocopter Global Supply Chain;
- Development of a Maintenance Repair and Overhaul Centre for Government helicopter fleet in Malaysia under a Joint Venture scheme;
- Creation of a regional EC725 / EC225 Full Flight Simulator Centre for operations in Malaysia under a Joint Venture dedicated to Civil and Military customers from Asia and Oceania territories;
- Transfer of technology and know-how through programs to Malaysian Industry, Governmental Entity and Armed Forces;
- Development of an Aeronautical Training Centre.
All the beneficiaries are part of the Malaysian Defence Industry or Governmental entities, and include Boustead, CTRM, CTRM System Integration, Helipartner, Ikramatic, LTAT, National University of Defence of Malaysia, Qdos, SMEA, UniKL Malaysia Institute of Aeronautic and Technology, and Zetro, for which a Letter of Acceptance for the respective projects to DID were handed over during the ceremony.
"This contract opens a new chapter in Eurocopter's relationship with Malaysia and will bring high-value technology and know-how to the country in line with the Malaysian Government Vision 2020," said Dominique Maudet, Eurocopter Executive Vice President Global Business & Services.
This supplementary contract is linked to Eurocopter's supply of the 12 SAR-configured EC725s, along with associated training, spares and tools. The new EC725s will complement, and eventually replace, the Royal Malaysian Air Force's current fleet of aging Sikorsky S-61 helicopters, which is known as NURI. The EC725s will allow the Royal Malaysian Air Force to perform its SAR and utility missions day and night, and in all weather conditions.
- Follow Eurocopter's presence at the 2011 Paris Air Show with regular updates on the company's special events website: http://events.eurocopter.com.
- For exclusive content and latest news, download Eurocopter's iPad & iPhone apps on: www.eurocopter.com/apps.
A combat-proven multi-role helicopter, the EC725 is designed for the most demanding missions. Introduced in 2005, the EC725 has seen combat service worldwide, including in Afghanistan. Evolved from experience gained with the Cougar family, the EC725 is the latest version of this medium lift (11-ton class) helicopter. The EC725 has operated from ships and ashore - a truly multi-purpose, versatile military asset.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.