ESI co-hosts Composites Simulation Conference at JEC show 2011
With over 1,000 exhibiting companies, 27,000 visitors and 96 countries represented, the JEC show in Paris enjoys the status of being the biggest composites exhibition in the world.
ESI has actively participated in this event during the past decade and this year, for the second time, ESI's Composites Solution Manager, Patrick de Luca, co-hosted a conference dedicated to composites simulation. The conference program included a series of presentations from leading experts in the field of composites from around the world:
1. "Simulations for materials and manufacturing processes in composite intensive industries" by David Hudson, Director of Product and Market Strategy at Vistagy.
2. "Virtual design of lightweight components made of textile reinforced composites" by Professor Werner Hufenbach and Albert Langkamp from Technische Universität Dresden; Alexander Pabst, Project Manager and Research Engineer at Rolls-Royce Deutschland and Thomas Pyttel, Technical Consultant at ESI GmbH.
3. "Study of SAFRAN open 60' race yacht crashworthiness" by Nicolas Diot, Engineer - Equipments Mechanical Systems Design Department at Safran Engineering Services.
4. "Simulation of the Autoclave Assisted Resin Infusion process" by Solange Amouroux-Berthe, Process Engineer, Advanced Technologies Development Center at Dassault Aviation.
5. "Fiber simulation of distortion in composite structures" by Christian Brauner, Scientific Assistant at Faserinstitut Bremen E.V.
6. "Mechanical behavior in hybrid textile composite materials" by Dr. Asami Nakai, Associate Professor at Kyoto Institute of Technology.
Patrick de Luca, ESI Composites Solution Manager commented, "every year thousands of people look forward to visiting the Paris JEC Composites show to find new ideas, partners or solutions that will foster their own innovation. The great success of the Composites Simulation Forum demonstrated that simulation technology plays a key factor in helping the composites industry meet its objectives. It is fascinating to see that beyond the large variety of origins of delegates, one can feel the common need for an end-to-end virtual prototyping solution."
Delegates at the JEC show 2011 also had the opportunity to learn more about ESI's Composites Simulation Suite by visiting ESI's booth in the 'software village' exhibition area.
For more information on ESI's Composites Simulation Suite, visit: www.esi-group.com/...
ESI Engineering System International GmbH
ESI is a pioneer and world-leading solution provider in virtual prototyping that takes into account the physics of materials. ESI has developed an extensive suite of coherent, industry-oriented applications to realistically simulate a product's behavior during testing, to fine-tune manufacturing processes in accordance with desired product performance, and to evaluate the environment's impact on performance. ESI's solutions fit into a single collaborative and open environment for End-to-End Virtual Prototyping, thus eliminating the need for physical prototypes during product development. The company employs over 750 high-level specialists worldwide covering more than 30 countries. ESI Group is listed in compartment C of NYSE Euronext Paris. For further information, visit www.esi-group.com.