20533 Hamburg, de
+49 (40) 350188-225
First European eCommerce conference with focus on small and medium-sized businesses
- Date: Commerce Summit on the 30/31 August in Hamburg
- Leading European experts meet to exchange knowledge and expertise
- Organizer ePages celebrates 25 years of online success
- Register here www.commerce-summit.com
How is the traditional retail market reacting to developments in Internet technology? ePages, the leading provider of cloud-based eShops invites you to the Commerce Summit on August 30-31 in Hamburg. During the twoday conference; over 400 eCommerce experts and participants from all over Europe, will discuss a variety of online strategies for small and medium-sized businesses.
ePages is bringing a widerange of eCommerce players at the conference: influential decisionmakers from the Hosting industry, technology providers and individual merchants who have already made the jump into online business. Experts from leading online players such as Google, Microsoft, PayPal, Otto Group, Strato, Qype and DHL will be speaking.
In keynote addresses and three parallel-running lecture sessions, industry experts and eShop operators will find out what possibilities the new technologies and eCommerce trends can offer them. The growing importance of online business is made tangible using practical examples and explorations of future trends; such as augmented reality and same-day delivery.
The conference is supported by these branch experts (among others):
- Arndt Groth, President of the Bundesverband Digitale Wirtschaft (BVDW) and designated CEO of the PubliGroupe will discuss online strategies for small and medium-sized businesses with branch insiders.
- Julien Ardisson, Executive Director at STRATO AG, will present various trends and opportunities in the cloud.
- Dr. Lars Finger, Divisional Vice President Corporate Development E-Commerce at Otto Group, will provide insight into the future of online business.
- Ian Brotherston, CEO of Qype, will speak about the meaning of SoLoMo applications for businesses i.e. the use of social networks and location data on mobile devices.
- Tim Bosenick, managing director of GfK SirValUse, will provide insight and tips about the usability of online shops.
- Dr. Thomas Ogilvie, Senior Vice President Online Services at DHL, will speak about the meaning of logistics in eCommerce.
Additional conference topics are:
- Cloud Computing: Why are small and medium-sized businesses increasingly choosing cloud solutions?
- Multichannel: Why the majority of shop operators are multichannel merchants.
- Mobile Devices & Touch: How do mobile and touch devices improve the shopping experience and how can they be used to reach more buyers?
The online market continues to grow in strength and ePages has been a pioneer in this field for 25 years: "In August 1987 we began developing business applications that were intended to be "easy-to-use". A graphical user interface for nontechnical users and an objectoriented software architecture that ran over the Internet. 25 years later and with 60,000 customers, we are the leading provider of cloud-based online shops. It's a success that we want to expand upon in the future", says Wilfried Beeck, CEO of ePages. "ePages has been a part of online business from the very beginning, and it is only logical on the occasion of our 25th year of existence to discuss the continued future of online business with our partners, customers and online experts."
Decisionmakers and interested parties from the digital marketplace can register as participants under www.commerce-summit.com. A day ticket costs EUR99 including lunch and coffee break. A two-day ticket - including participation in a networking party above the rooftops of Hamburg on the evening of August 30 - is available for EUR249.
You can find more detailed information about the entire conference program and all speakers at www.commerce-summit.com.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.