Ebendorfer Chaussee 3
39179 Barleben, de
+44 (29) 20710570
EKF announces launch of new HbA1c analyser
Quo-Lab has been specifically developed to provide a point of care device that meets the needs of clinics and laboratories in countries where diabetes is an increasingly large public health issue and resources are limited.
The analyser, designed by EKF subsidiary Quotient Diagnostics, is small, lightweight and requires a simple procedure to deliver lab-accurate results within four minutes.
The analyser uses the same Boronate Affinity technique as its sister device, Quo-Test. CEO of Quotient Diagnostics, Brian Hickey, says "By using the methodology that we have perfected for Quo-Test, Quo-Lab delivers accuracy, precision and ease of use that will lead the market for HbA1c point-of-care analysers."
Mr Hickey continued, "Quo-Lab changes the rules of HbA1c measurement because diabetes clinics and laboratories in Asia, Africa and South America will have access to accurate, economic and, most importantly, user-friendly technology."
The first Quo-Lab analysers will be ready for shipping in Q1 2012. CEO of EKF Diagnostics Holdings plc Julian Baines says "Quo-Lab is an important step forward for our business. We made a large investment in upgrading the capacity and quality systems at our Quotient facility in the UK because we expect significant interest in Quo-Lab from customers around the world."
EKF will be demonstrating Quo-Lab at stand C94 in Hall 3 at Medica 2011 in Dusseldorf from 16th-19th November.
Quo-Lab: Key data
- Quo-Lab uses Boronate Affinity methodology. This method is recognised as being interference free
- Measuring range: 4-17% A1c (20 - 162 mmol/mol)
- Imprecision: CV <3% at 7% A1c
- Unaffected by Hb variants
- Stores up to 7,000 patient results
- Reports in IFCC and DCCT values
- PC software for LIS connectivity and integrated USB port
- Dimensions: 95mm (H) x 205mm (W) x 135mm (D)
- Weight: 0.7kg
- The Quo-Lab analyser and cartridges were designed and are assembled at Quotient Diagnostics in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, UK
Die Nutzung von hier veröffentlichten Informationen zur Eigeninformation und redaktionellen Weiterverarbeitung ist in der Regel kostenfrei. Bitte klären Sie vor einer Weiterverwendung urheberrechtliche Fragen mit dem angegebenen Herausgeber. Bei Veröffentlichung senden Sie bitte ein Belegexemplar an email@example.com.