Summits and workshop sessions offer deep channel insight at DISTREE EMEA 2014
Region's leading annual volume channel event takes place from February 11-14th. Wide variety of speakers from multiple analyst and research companies offer deep insight into channel topics
Farouk Hemraj, CEO and Co-Founder at DISTREE Events, said: "As an independent channel event, we can bring together a wide selection of speakers that offer delegates fresh insight and multiple opinions. The flexible structure of DISTREE EMEA allows delegates to build their own unique personal agenda, registering to attend the sessions that are most relevant to their business."
These include an Emerging Markets Channel Session hosted by Ocean Solutions, a Retail-to-Business (R2B) Summit hosted by CONTEXT and the inaugural Wearable Technology (WT) & Connected Devices Channel Summit moderated by RED-DOLPHIN.
- Emerging Markets Channel Session: Hosted by Igor Snytko, Ocean Solutions. Presentations include
1) New Business Opportunities & Multichannel Strategy in Emerging Markets - Rudi Aunkofer & Carolin Weinmann, GfK.
2) Optimising Your Business Model in Slow Growth Markets - Michael White, VIA.
3) Emerging Markets 2013 Summary & 2014 Outlook - Howard Davies, CONTEXT 4) Comprehensive Marketing Strategies in Emerging Markets - Pieter Ickx, Noesis.
- Retail-to-Business (R2B) Summit: The inaugural R2B summit hosted by CONTEXT will focus on the evolution of the retail channel as an effective route-to-market for ICT vendors to reach out to micro, small office home office (SOHO) and small businesses across Europe.
- WT & Connected Devices Channel Summit: The inaugural WT & Connected Devices Channel Summit will be moderated by Laurent Eymard, Co-Founder and CEO at Switzerland-based RED-DOLPHIN, a community platform dedicated to WT. Presentations include
1) Saverio Romeo, Principal Analyst, Beecham Research: Convergence of Technology & Aesthetics - The Future of Wearable Devices & Impact on Retail.
2) Carolin Weinmann, Marketing Manager IT EMEA at GfK: Gadgetising - A New Trend for Technology Markets.
In addition, the '2014 Directions' workshop session will give attendees exclusive access to channel experts from a number of different fields. The full line-up of speakers and titles for the '2014 Directions' sessions at DISTREE EMEA includes:
- Emerging Technologies: Hope or Hype? Moderated by Ryan Mackey, Consultant. Today's MVP (minimally viable product) might be tomorrow's breakout star. But which emerging consumer technologies hold the promise of real commercial success?
- Meeting the Needs of Businesses at Retail. Moderated by Greg Parsonson, Parsonson Retail & Channel Consulting Services. As the number of small businesses continues to grow, CE and IT retailers need to address the needs of this important segment.
- Designed in Monte Carlo. Hosted by Elisabeth Ritter Moati, General Manager, Monaco Chamber of Economic Development (CDE) and Laura Minquini, Managing Director of Case Scenario. CDE supports businesses with their development and actively seeks foreign investors.
- Launching & Implementing Gift Cards in Multichannel Retail. Moderated by John Bohan, Managing Director, Jigsaw Business Solutions. Gift and loyalty cards can be a powerful way to grow sales and retain customers.
- Cross Channel Strategy in Retail: Prerequisites & Best Practices. Moderated by Bérangère Lamboley, R&C Consulting. This session will look at the commercial prerequisites for a retailer to implement a 360 degree cross channel strategy.
- Multichannel Strategy: How to Manage Innovation, Assortment & Pricing. Moderated by Ines Haaga, Senior Marketing Consultant IT EMEA, GfK Retail and Technology. GfK will show how an optimised pricing and assortment strategy helps create an efficient channel strategy.
- CONTEXT ChannelWatch Survey: Results & Conclusions. Moderated by Howard Davies, CEO & Co-Founder at CONTEXT. ChannelWatch is research product from CONTEXT, which provides the most detailed insight into reseller behaviour, opinions and attitudes ever produced across EMEA.
- Insight into the M&A Activities of IT Industries in Europe. Moderated by Pradip Somaia, Regent Partners LLP. Somaia will share a detailed insight into the M&A activities of technology Industries covering numbers of transactions done, valuation trends and hot sectors.
- Retail to Business - A Missed Opportunity? Moderated by Michael White, Director at VIA International. With all the characteristics of the ideal customer (with three or four times the profitability), the micro- and small-business segment is a neglected opportunity in retail.
DISTREE EMEA 2014 takes place in Monaco from February 11-14th, attracting senior buyers and executives from the region's leading e-tailers, retailers and distributors. More than 140 brands will participate, using the event as a platform to manage, build or launch channels in EMEA.
About DISTREE EMEA
DISTREE EMEA gathers hundreds of senior executives from EMEA's ICT, telecoms and consumer electronics (CE) volume channel. DISTREE EMEA is a powerful business platform for vendors looking to manage, build or launch routes-to-market within EMEA. From A-brand vendors to start-ups, DISTREE EMEA's structure and reach offers business benefits and powerful return on investment. www.distree-emea.com Follow event updates on Twitter @DISTREE_EMEA
DISTREE Events specialises in the planning, organisation, staging and management of ICT & CE channel events. DISTREE Events is a Paris−based company owned by Infopro Digital. The team at DISTREE Events has successfully organised such events for the past decade, gathering more than 10,000 senior executives from 80 countries during that time. DISTREE Events spans the entire EMEA region, Asia-Pacific and Latin America with employees based in Paris, Dubai, Moscow, London, Singapore and Latin America. For more information, visit www.distree.com or follow us on Twitter @DISTREE_Events