"Delta’s corporate mission is ‘To provide innovative, clean and energy-efficient solutions for a better tomorrow’ and for the last 25 years we have been providing our long-term partners in Japan with innovative and state-of-the-art solutions. In addition to the integration of large-scale PV systems, Delta also provides PV inverters with high energy efficiency, salt water anti corrosion and easy-to-install features. In the renewable energy field, Delta offers PV inverters with energy conversion efficiency as high as 98.6%", said Mr. C.H. Ko, General Manager of Delta Electronics (Japan).
The solar power plant, located in a former golf course covering about 400,000m2 in Nakagawa-machi, Nasu-gun, Tochigi Prefecture, Japan, is being developed by Takara Leben which procured 750 units of Delta’s RPI-M20A PV inverters due to their flexibility over traditional centralized PV inverters. This proves that Delta’s technology suits different system design requirements and offers flexibility and ease of maintenance.
This solar installation in Japan will benefit from Delta’s 30+ years of experience in energy conversion efficiency. The RPI-M20A PV inverters are able to withstand adverse environmental conditions thanks to their IP65 waterproof casing, dust protection mechanism and salt water anti corrosion structure, highly necessary in areas such as Tochigi Prefecture. In addition, their versatility for this Japanese distributed solar PV project is significant given the particular shape of the old golf course land where the number of solar panels that can be installed in each hole area differs from one another.
Key features of Delta’s RPI-M20A PV inverters include:
- High energy conversion efficiency (Japan Industrial Standard-JIS: 97.5%) resulting in higher power output and higher electricity sales by the PV plant.
- Suitable for installation in outdoors without the need to invest in shelter infrastructure.
- No need for additional cooling equipment. This results in better OPEX and CAPEX savings.
- Helps maximize system power generation via the built-in string monitoring mechanism, saving the cost of monitoring equipment
- No need for DC string combiner box, reducing electronics malfunction risks while improving easy maintenance.
- Compact, easy to install, versatile and eco-friendly design suitable for installation in a wide range of areas and systems.