It’s all about software
DALIM SOFTWARE is using drupa to launch DALIM ES 5—its most significant upgrade. ES (Enterprise Solution), the groundbreaking fifth edition of its integrated media production platform, offers a complete solution for the management and production of the many aspects of media services, regardless of final output—print, packaging, large format, web, e-book, video, and more.
Among the many new ES 5 features are:
- As part its collaborative brand management capabilities, DALIM ES now offers the concept of 'Desktops' – a fully customizable, branded web portal, transforming the user experience.
- A new, powerful set of triggers and actions are available in DALIM ES including watermarking, to protect assets through a pattern overlay.
- Plug-ins for seamless integration into Adobe Creative Cloud add to enhancements such as digital rights management and a user-friendly check in-check out file sharing concept
- Adobe Print Engine Level 4 support for DALIM ES and DALIM TWIST, a result of close to ten years of cooperation with Adobe.
- Color accurate soft proofing at its best with a new DALIM DIALOGUE Engine flat user interface. The redesign of DIALOGUE Engine offers an improved user experience, whether one displays documents on the desktop or mobile.
- A groundbreaking way to manage and ingest augmented reality graphics through seamless integration with provider Augment.
- A new DALIM ES 3D media viewer interface mirrors that of DALIM DIALOGUE Engine. Users can manage notes (status, comment, validation, etc.). Annotations and notes can be attached to a specific part of the 3D Collada file image, with the ability to move as users turn the Collada file. They can compare different versions, including a layer comparison mode to quickly find and fast-track design changes.
- A new media viewer supports both video reviewing and sharing. Users can navigate frame-by-frame, or 5 by 5 frames, for more precise annotations. Referencing a format based on the popular ffmpeg library, users are able to transcode selected videos for different media.
Commercial print: From DALIM SOFTWARE's roots in digital production automation
Anticipating the trend to digital prepress, and leveraging PostScript and PDF file processing with its award-winning technology, DALIM SOFTWARE introduced TWIST, the first workflow automation tool for printers in 1994. DALIM SOFTWARE is continuing its legacy, recognizing the attention print deserves—and digital print in particular. On the Canon Europe Ltd stand (Hall 8a, Stand B50-1) DALIM SOFTWARE ES technology is being shown as a front end for the latest print production presses, providing users of Océ print production solutions a platform to easily extend their reach and deliver remote client collaboration and approval. DALIM SOFTWARE has learned from its years of experience that seamless access to customer service through well-designed applications fosters long-term relationships. Beyond providing job updates, DALIM ES extends into asset management and also allows smooth integration into ERP systems while preserving an exceptional user experience.
Reaching out from publication printing to print buyers
Because DALIM SOFTWARE solutions have always been robust, reliable, scalable production systems, they have been a favorite of larger printers who focus on publishers with tight deadlines. Since the introduction of DALIM FiCELLE (which later became MISTRAL) at drupa 2000, such centralized solutions have become a favorite among many major global publishers, who now rely on its successor, DALIM ES, to produce the world's most popular magazines. In fact, a good example of what publishers can do with DALIM ES is the 2016 edition of DALIM SOFTWARE's THE MAGAZINE, published since 2003, and distributed at the DALIM SOFTWARE booth. It will be produced by exceptional printer, Druckstudio Gruppe.
Wrapping up complete packaging and helping brands and agencies to produce and distribute content efficiently
One of the key highlight topics at drupa 2016 will be packaging production. A separate special show, Touchpoint Packaging, aimed at brands, packaging designers and service providers already operating in—or who want to enter—the packaging sector, will identify potential in packaging design and production. Located in Hall 12, stand B53, it is being designed and implemented closely with the European Packaging Design Association (epda), Europe's leading association of brands and packaging agencies. DALIM SOFTWARE will be participating in Touchpoint Packaging and will offer specific use cases of how brand owners in cosmetics and retail have implemented DALIM ES to manage their packaging workflow.
In today’s product development environment, products and the technologies they’re based on change rapidly, as do the number of competitors. This means that time to market and finding ways of optimizing it are critical components that directly affect revenue. With DALIM SOFTWARE, tools, users gain control over the product development processes and have access to all the Key Performance indicators with one click. This enables brands to plan and track their time to market and launch new products while they are still new.
DALIM ES offers a complete brand management solution not only for labels and packaging, but the complete marketing effort, including all of the other items required for a product launch, such as POS displays, advertising campaigns in print, social media or video, marketing collateral and promotional items.
Believing in partnerships
Whether it is close relationships with hardware manufacturers, industry organizations, or innovative software developers, DALIM SOFTWARE believes in combining its various skills and components to ensure its customers can take advantage of far-reaching, innovative technologies, which have the potential to affect the media landscape well into the future. Canon is not the only drupa exhibitor working with DALIM SOFTWARE. The following companies are a sample of the variety of partnerships DALIM SOFTWARE has:
- CHILI Publish (Hall 07a/F40) CHILI Publisher is an online document editing solution that integrates seamlessly and transparently within DALIM ES to offer all of the power of a professional layout tool within a host solution. DALIM ES users are just a click away from accessing CHILI Publisher’s online edition for every file within a state-of-the-art solution that can be integrated within a single-sign-on corporate environment.
- BEL Computer Systems (Hall 07a/E43): Overprint© is an end-to-end modular print MIS combining CRM, cost estimation and other business requirements, covering the needs of offset, flexo and digital printing companies. DALIM ES connects easily with Overprint.
- Werk II Medien und Informationsges GmbH (Hall 07 / A06): priint:suite helps increase efficiencies in cross media publishing and is a key solution in database publishing and web-to-print. DALIM ES works very well together with this application
Anyone who wishes to schedule a meeting with DALIM SOFTWARE during drupa can visit www.dalim.com/en/press-and-news/drupa-2016/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.