DALIM SOFTWARE’s EuroDUO 2014 celebrates the twentieth anniversary of DALIM TWIST in Como, Italy
DALIM SOFTWARE event explores multichannel automation opportunities and offers an insight to new product features and trendsetting world class technologies
EuroDUO is the premier opportunity for DALIM SOFTWARE users, industry influencers and pioneers alike to learn about new technologies as they are being applied in a global context, and understand how emerging work practices impact media and communication businesses. In addition, EuroDUO gives attendees the opportunity to learn about industry trends, the company's most recent developments, and business opportunities. It also offers attendees the chance to meet with key players from around the world, plus the opportunity to discuss with the DALIM SOFTWARE technical and international sales staff.
Keynotes were presented by Carlo Viscomi, RCS MediaGroup and Luca Grioni, Hyphen-Italia, offering a user story, ‘Exploring RCS: a journey into the Media Galaxy’, extending from print to automated e-Publication production; and Stéphane Garagnani, Lead App Developer at Augment, who presented ‘Preview your custom packaging and display 3D models in the real world with Augmented Reality’. David J. Steinhardt, president and CEO of IDEAlliance, spoke about industry trends, particularly related to ‘Today’s Media Value Chain’, while Andreas Stephan, Manager Business Development, Epson Deutschland GmbH, delivered industry trends about ‘Digital Textile Printing & Epson PrecisionCore Technology’. Another highlight was Victor Götsch of BG-Pack GmbH, who gave a user story about applying Swiss precision to first-class packaging prepress.
A EuroDUO meeting would not be complete without highlighting a review of ES 4, TWIST 7 and DIALOGUE Engine 4 feature enhancements available since their launch last December. This included:
- A look at ES as a digital asset management system
- New Dashboard views for better interaction with collaboration activities such as approvals and file uploads
- New HTML5 version features within DIALOGUE Engine to match the Java version, including single separation view, densitometer, text extraction, and a compare feature
- Introducing DIALOGUE Engine HTML5 as a standalone SDK for integration within web portals
TWIST, DALIM SOFTWARE’s award-winning production automation workflow software, introduced in 1994 at Seybold Seminars in San Francisco, is celebrating its 20th anniversary. TWIST, enjoying extraordinary product longevity in its software category, was the industry’s first Enterprise-level automated premedia workflow engine—and continues to evolve to serve customers in various media in the future. It utilizes a unique a scalable system to interconnect different tasks with a visual GUI system. For years, some of the industry’s most recognisable companies—IKEA, Airbus, Burda Druck, Hearst, Pierre Fabre, the Council of Europe—have placed their trust in TWIST to provide high throughput, reliability and flexibility in demanding content production environments. They gain significant performance with features such as the ability to build an almost infinite variety of output file formats along variable processing paths; a very extensive modular feature set; and automation of repetitive tasks such as preflighting, file optimization and conversion, colour management, and trapping, to name a few.
To celebrate the occasion, DALIM SOFTWARE held an award ceremony to honour key TWIST users in Europe. They included:
- Enterprise Scale TWIST, awarded to the best implementation of a large-scale enterprise system in Europe, was given to Moritz Müller from Meyle+Müller GmbH+Co KG—the largest scale implementation by a prepress company serving catalogue retailers under a single roof.
- TWIST Guru, given to the most noted expert outside of DALIM SOFTWARE, was awarded to Arnaud Bernard from Galilée. Based in Toulouse, France, Galilée caters to a wide range of customers, from print to agencies, to well-known brand names.
- A Decade with TWIST, offered to the company with the earliest implementation of TWIST at EuroDUO, was given to Vincent Marie and Tristan Juhe from Lagardère Active. Lagardere Active is the Paris-based international publisher behind titles such as ELLE, Paris Match, Closer, Psychologies among many others.
- Outstanding TWIST Workflow, noted the most sophisticated use of TWIST, by Lorenzo Capitani from RCS MediaGroup. This long-term DALIM SOFTWARE partner with a cutting-edge implementation of TWIST workflow allowed them to leap into multichannel media production, reaching far beyond print into mobile communications on an unprecedented scale.
- TWIST Originality Award, demonstrating the most novel way to use TWIST, was given to Victor Götsch from BG-Pack GmbH (presented by Andreas Wagner). BG Pack, based in Zurich, CH serves large and small consumer brands, primarily involved in the food industries.
- TWIST Award of Honour, the elite award given to the person and company most considered ‘part of the DALIM Family’ was presented to Mark Maguire from Tag Worlwide. Since it was founded, TAG Worldwide world-class services have heavily involved TWIST to serve a number of globally recognizable brand clients.
DALIM SOFTWARE GmbH
DALIM SOFTWARE GmbH, headquartered in Kehl, Germany, offers highly efficient, scalable software solutions for the creation, production and management of cross-media content, focusing on globally operating companies in the media and communication industry.
Since 1985, the world´s most prominent publishers, publication printers, agencies and brand owners can be found among our customers, as well as a variety of quality- and service-oriented premedia companies and printers of all sizes. They all utilize our innovative technologies to the fullest extent.
DALIM SOFTWARE produces the exceptionally productive, modular software engines TWIST, DIALOGUE Engine and ES, which offer specialized collaborative solutions for media content. Our fully customizable interfaces allow you to integrate into customer facing applications and seamlessly connect to your business processes.