"Dynamic Delivery Across Multiple Media Channels" at San Francisco CM Pros 2008 Spring Summit
Event Focuses on the Intersection of Content Management with Rich Internet Applications, Content Reuse and Social Networking
The Summit program delivers Business and Technology tracks with focused sessions by industry leaders:
- Keynote: Rich Internet Applications and Web Content Management, Steve Powers, Forrester Analyst, discusses trends critical to RIA usage and WCM strategies
- To Have and to Hold -- the Marriage of Web 2.0 and Governance, Christine Pierpoint
- The Integration of (Open) Social Networks, Michael Wechner
- Integrating Social Networking for Small and Medium Size Businesses, David McCreath
- Multi-Channel Publishing: How to Do It, Lynda Chiotti
- Web 2.0, RIA and the CM Mashup, Charlton Barreto
- Rich Internet Applications in the Real World, Giovanni Calabro
- A Content Broker Architecture for Managing the Content flow Throughout Your Organization, Natasja H.M. Paulssen
- Quiz the Experts, Moderated by Linda Burman, a panel of CM experts answers hard questions posed by CM Pros members.
- CMS Use Case Demonstrations, Moderated by Andrew Wilcox, a select CMS vendors will be given a use case scenario created by CM Pros to demonstrate their approach in publishing to multiple channels from a single content source.
In addition CM Pros will hold its first Town Hall meeting to discuss organizational strategies and initiatives. Members are encouraged to participate and influence the development of CM Pros.
Online registration for the Spring 2008 Summit is now open. Register by May 12, 2008 to take advantage of the $100 early discount. On-site registration begins at 8:00 a.m. on June 17, 2008. CM Pros members receive an additional discount to the Summit and $200 off the Gilbane Conference on Content Technologies. Look for special Gilbane ConferencePlus & CM Pros Spring Summit packages with additional discounts.
Talking About the Summit
"As content management technologies mature, organizations raise their expectations for delivering solutions that incorporate rich media with the new Web 2.0 technologies," says Frank Gilbane, President & CEO of Gilbane Group, Inc.. "The CM Pros Summits provide high-value opportunities for well-informed content management professionals to share their experiences and expertise while empowering attendees with real world content management knowledge critical to successful implementations. CM Pros is dedicated to supporting the content management community and the Summits provide a unique forum for members to develop a critical body of knowledge. We are pleased to support the CM Pros Summits alongside our conferences. This year's theme complements our program and the growing interest of conference attendees in delivering dynamic content."
Designed to support business leaders as they grapple with the business drivers and technical issues of managing and delivering dynamic content, the CM Pros Spring 2008 Summit addresses the growing requirement for content management solutions to dynamically deliver rich media and increase the interactive user experience. The Spring Summit offers presenters and attendees a program of eight interactive sessions, keynote presentation, panel discussions, vendor demonstrations, networking opportunities and CM Pros Town Hall meeting.
"Intelligent content reuse across multiple channels provides a continual challenge to content management practitioners. They must not only concern themselves with delivering multiple media types in multiple packages across the enterprise but also, addressing the unique needs of social networking, globalization and governance," said Linda Burman, President of the CM Pros Board of Directors and CEO of L A Burman Associates Inc. "That's why Quiz the Experts was developed. Summit attendees can quiz experts with real-world strategic and tactical experience about these challenges."
Summit Program (http://summit.cmprofessionals.org/...)
Session and Speaker Descriptions (http://summit.cmprofessionals.org/...)
Gilbane Conference (http://gilbanesf.com/...)
Content Management Professionals Inc.
Founded in 2004, CM Pros provides information, expertise, and support to global content management practitioners and related professionals and the organizations they serve. Through peer-to-peer knowledge exchange, educational events, and advocacy of respected practices, the association fosters a better understanding of this critically important discipline. Join CM Pros on the Web at www.cmprofessionals.org.
CM Pros is a collaborative community of practice advancing the field of content management. Its members reflect the cross-disciplinary nature of the field, and share a passion for managing content effectively.