febit Forms Scientific Advisory Board
Five renowned researchers to guide febit’s research and business development activities
The interdisciplinary febit Scientific Advisory Board consists of:
- Mark Chee, Ph.D., who will serve as chairman. As a former scientist of Affymetrix and co-founder of Illumina (ILMN) he has an exceptional knowledge of microarray technologies and market.
- Karoly Nikolich, Ph.D., who will serve as vice chairman. Dr. Nikolich was formerly the executive director of the Neuroscience Institute of Stanford. He is an entrepreneur and consultant, and has over 20 years of biotechnology industry experience in R&D.
- David Lockhart, Ph.D., the CSO of Amicus Therapeutics. Dr. Lockhart brings many years of industry experience and achievements, including credit as the primary inventor and developer of genome-wide gene-expression profiling with high-density DNA arrays when he was at Affymetrix.
- Mostafa Ronaghi, Ph.D., one of the inventors of Pyrosequencing, molecular inversion probe assay and Nextbio search engine. He has co-founded four companies and serves on the board of director and scientific advisory board of several companies.
- Jeffrey Trent, Ph.D., the president and scientific director of the Translational Genomics Research Institute (TGen) in Phoenix, Ariz. In addition to his expertise in cDNA-microarray, Dr. Trent was one of the leading scientists with the "Human Genome Project."
"The formation of febit s scientific advisory board brings together key thought leaders with deep insight into the needs of the scientific community in genomic research," said Cord F. Staehler, CEO of febit holding gmbh. "We look forward to their support and guidance that will help us realize the full potential of febit s portfolio of unique applications for existing and future strategic partnerships."
Dr. Chee added, "It is our goal to help febit meet scientists needs and open up new possibilities in genomic research. febit s Geniom technology is a unique tool for various applications in this field from microarray analysis to synthetic biology."
Hummingbird Diagnostics GmbH
febit enables scientists to read, write and understand the code of life: DNA. With its unique Geniom technology and services, febit is the only company that puts the control of simplified genomic research in the hand of the user. The seamless integration of DNA synthesis and analysis and the superior support in experiment design and bioinformatics helps to understand data and turn it into results. febit's team of experienced scientists is dedicated to support customers to solve the challenge of understanding biological processes. Geniom is a technological and service platform successfully implemented in basic and applied research by renowned institutions and companies. Geniom exploits cutting-edge microarray technology for analysis and synthesis of genes and genomes, providing superior time- and cost-efficiency combined with an unsurpassed spectrum of applications.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Forschung und Entwicklung":
KI im Unternehmen: das Für und Wider
Auf der einen Seite erleichtert der Einsatz von Künstlicher Intelligenz (KI) den Arbeitsalltag, steigert die Effizienz und führt zu einer besseren Kundenbindung. Für Unternehmen ergeben sich jedoch auch neue Schaden- und Haftungsszenarien.Weiterlesen