The consequence of insufficient searching or unnecessary new designs are i.a.
- 2D production drawings are not available and have to be created anew
- CAM programing has to be created for later production
- Master data files and work plans have to be created anew in ERP & PLM which is very time consuming and expensive
Ranking of the most popular search methods among engineers
A CADENAS survey shows the many varied types of search methods appreciated by engineers and buyers.
Intuitive search methods reduce search times
CADENAS’ Strategic Parts Management PARTsolutions offers a multitude of intelligent search methods, which help to find the necessary part in a non-classified parts master. And in contrast to the traditional classification of parts strains users don’t have to learn another new class system, or adapt their search behavior to the system. The search functions can also be applied to both standard and supplier parts including company specific parts.
Among the various intelligent search methods include the following:
- Full-text Search - Click here for the video
- 3D Geometric Similarity Search - Click here for the video
- 2D Sketch Search - Click here for the video
- Topology Search - Click here for the video
- Unmachined Part Search - Click here for the video
- Color Search - Click here for the video
PARTsolutions provides engineers and purchasers with not just a simple search function, but rather a comprehensive solution. With this solution, through the clever combination of the individual search methods, completely new engineering applications can be uncovered.
The following example illustrates how a new mold tool can be cheaply constructed thanks to the combination of intelligent search methods. Geometrically similar plastic components are searched first. From this, the used molding tool can be derivated. With a small modification of the existing tool, a suitable tool can be generated for the new component in very little time.
For further examples of how companies have successfully implemented their individual solutions by skillful combination of search methods by CADENAS, see the PARTsolutions brochure.
For information about Strategic Parts Management PARTsolutions and intelligent search methods, see: www.cadenas.de/geometric-similarity-search