BT win 'Best Service Provider' at the WBI awards 2006
The category of Best Service Provider encompasses Mobile operators, Wireless ISPs and fixed telco's and cable operators with a wireless offering, with BT being judged most successful upon 5 main criteria:
- Quality of service and user experience
- Speed and scale of site acquisition and rollout
- Marketing, branding and customer acquisition
- Company growth Winners were announced at the WBI Awards Dinner in London's prestigious Cafe Royal on the evening of 17 May 2006.
Piers Bearne, co-founder of the Awards comments, "We are delighted to have had such a diverse, international shortlist. Wireless is not a US/UK phenomenon - it's global, and it's great that the judges recognised entries from Macedonia, Portugal, Africa, New Zealand, Sweden, Japan, The Netherlands and Germany."
WBI Awards Ltd is a Birmingham, UK based independent institution, organising the hotly contested independent Awards for users and service providers of wireless broadband worldwide. The WBI Award categories cover excellence in service provision; in enterprise deployment by the end-user; in product development; and personal and corporate achievement. An independent judging panel has selected the winners, who have been announced on May 17th at the gala dinner and awards ceremony at the Café Royal in front of the Who's Who of wireless broadband.
British Telecommunications plc
BT is one of the world's leading providers of communications solutions and services operating in more than 160 Countries. Its principal activities include networked IT services, local, national and international telecommunications services, and higher-value broadband and internet products and services.
BT consists principally of three lines of business:
- BT Retail, providing a comprehensive range of communications and related services to more than 20m UK consumers and businesses.
- BT Wholesale, providing network services and solutions within the UK to more than 600 fixed and mobile operators and service providers including the provision of broadband and private circuits.
- BT Global Services, providing IT and networking services to meet the needs of multi-site organisations globally. BT Global Services operates in more than 130 countries and also offers international carrier services.
In the year ended 31 March 2005, BT Group's revenue was £18,623 million with profit before taxation of £2,354 million.
British Telecommunications plc (BT) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BT Group and encompasses virtually all businesses and assets of the BT Group. BT Group plc is listed on stock exchanges in London and New York.
For more information, visit www.bt.com/aboutbt
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Netzwerke":
Die wichtigsten Tools für den Umstieg auf Windows 10
Planen Unternehmen den Umstieg auf Windows 10 oder wollen den Betrieb von Windows-10-Maschinen optimieren, stehen zahlreiche Tools zur Verfügung, die bei Migration, Verwaltung und Betrieb helfen. Wir beleuchten einige der wichtigsten Werkzeuge – insbesondere solche zur Prüfung von PCs auf Windows-10-Tauglichkeit.Weiterlesen