Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupé to Make Asian Debut At Auto China 2008
The Coupé, the fourth new model from Rolls-Royce under BMW Group ownership, is the most driver-orientated model in the Phantom line-up. This two-door, four-seater model has already seen outstanding demand with this year s production already sold.
A modern grand touring coupé in the finest tradition, this car is powered by the Phantom s 6.75-litre V12, producing 460hp and 720Nm of torque making it the definitive choice for all-day, long distance driving. With its engine tuned for immense low down torque, the new Rolls-Royce effortlessly achieves the 0-100 km/h sprint in 5.8 seconds, and continues rapidly towards an electronically governed top speed of 250km/h.
A combination of segment-leading fuel economy and a 25 percent increase in fuel capacity, compared to the Drophead Coupé, increases driving range to more than 600 kilometres. A spacious picnic boot with split tail compartment gives easy access to 395 litres of space. The lower part of the tailgate provides a comfortable seating platform for two adults when lowered.
The highly advanced spaceframe aluminium chassis endows the Coupé with the marque s legendary ride comfort, handling and safety. It is the most torsionally rigid Rolls-Royce ever built. The unique architecture of the car is further augmented by the rear-hinged coach doors, allowing the easiest possible access to the rear lounge seat.
To ensure a perfect balance of refinement and driver involvement, Rolls-Royce developed a new gearbox programme, stiffer rear dampers and modified spring rates. In addition, a thicker rear anti-roll bar, modified brake response and tuned steering offer more feel over other Phantom models.
As with every Rolls-Royce car, the finely hand-crafted interior of the Coupé can be personalised via the Bespoke programme, allowing for any number of features, each tailored to the taste of the individual. For example, customers can choose from more than 44,000 different colours.
The Phantom Coupé s cabin can be ordered with an optional, full-length starlight headlining, incorporating 1600 tiny fibre optics to create the ambience of a star-filled night sky. The new model is also available with a brushed steel bonnet and A-pillar surround previously seen on its experimental predecessor, the 101EX.
This will be the first time that Rolls-Royce has exhibited the complete Phantom Series at an Asian motor show. Specially commissioned for Auto China 2008, Bespoke versions of the Phantom Extended Wheel Base and the Phantom Drophead Coupé will be on display.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Chairman, Ian Robertson, said, "We regard Auto China as the natural platform for the Asian launch of the new Phantom Coupé and our showcase of specially commissioned cars. China, our largest market in the Asia Pacific region and the third largest in the world, saw record sales in 2007 with growth of more than 50 per cent and we expect to see continued success in this market."
Production of the new car will start at Goodwood in the summer of 2008.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars saw sales in 2007 increase by 25 per cent, compared to 2006, with retails of 1010 cars.
Notes to Editors:
1. The exhibition stand of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is in hall E4 - Stand E402.
2. The Rolls-Royce Motor Cars press conference will be at 1000hrs on Sunday 20 April, 2008 (subject to confirmation - please contact Qingtao Zhang M: +86 1350 115 7784; DID: +86 10 8520 6465; E: email@example.com for updates)
3. The Phantom Coupé will be hand built alongside the other models at Rolls-Royce Motor Cars manufacturing plant at Goodwood on the South Coast of England.
4. Largest markets in the world for Rolls-Royce:1. North America 2. UK 3. China 4. UAE 5. Japan
5. Globally, the Phantom remains the most successful car of its kind in the super-luxury segment.
6. Asia-Pacific sales in 2007:
- Rolls-Royce saw exceptional sales growth in China (+51%), Singapore (+50%) and Australia (+42%). India also saw encouraging growth (+57%),
- Phantom sales in APAC grew by over 10% (10.4%)
- Record Phantom Extended Wheelbase sales now account for over half of Phantom volume (56%) in APAC (excluding Drophead Coupé), recording a strong growth of 48% over 2006 sales
7. The complete press pack along with high resolution images can be downloaded from:www.press.rolls-roycemotorcars.com.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Fahrzeugbau / Automotive":
Investitionen in IoT-Sicherheit steigen rasant
Laut den Prognosen der Marktforscher von Gartner steigen die weltweiten Ausgaben für IoT-Sicherheit im laufenden Jahr auf 1,5 Milliarden US-Dollar an. Bis zum Jahr 2021 soll Compliance der wichtigste Einflussfaktor für das Wachstum bei IoT-Security werden.Weiterlesen