EuroShop 2011: AURES unveils Odyssé II by POSLIGNE® - a new generation of EPoS terminals featuring even better performance and new, up-to-the-minute colour schemes!
The latest-generation Odyssé 2 by POSLIGNE® terminals combine cutting-edge EPoS and Retail technologies, including integrated RAID and the HSD utility, an AURES innovation.
Odyssé 2 also features a fresh set of colour clips in a whole new range of up-to-the-minute shades: Mocha, Silver, Cassis, Iris and Kiwi - echoing retail and service outlets' style, visual identity and brand image - right the way through to the till point.
- The HSD Exclusive ("Hardware Status Display") embedded utility provides an instant display of all the key system data - in a choice of three languages. This can be requested by users via the terminal's touch screen, giving processor and fan temperatures, power supply readings, HDD status, network interface status, and so on.
This feature also allows the key data from an entire batch of terminals to be centralised, automatically sending information via e-mail (for instance, to a store chain's Information Systems Manager or Hotline), for as many units and locations as required.
- The new version of the Odyssé 2 integrated POS terminal is equipped with an even more powerful motherboard (featuring an INTEL Dual-Core E5300 processor), RAID 1 where a second hard drive is fitted, and hot swap capabilities (with the drives located in an easy-access rack to the rear of the machine). The EPoS terminal is the perfect tool for handling even the most demanding point-of-sale till and management applications.
- Odyssé 2 also offers excellent ergonomics and easy access to its hard drives and fan system. Fully optimised and located to the rear of the terminal (reached via a small hatch behind the touchscreen), the fan can be easily accessed requiring no tools - thus offering extreme ease of maintenance and genuine user-friendliness for till staff.
Odyssé II by POSLIGNE® EPoS terminal - key features
- Exclusive HSD: embedded multilingual Hardware Status Display utility
(interface and e-mail alert system supplies details of the system's operating status in real time)
- INTEL Pentium Dual-Core E5300 processor
- DDR 3 memory (up to 4GB)
- Integrated RAID 1
- 2.5" hard drive + integrated Raid 1 hard drive with optional second drive (Hot Swap feature)
- Rack-mounted hard drives located to the rear of the terminal: easy to access and remove, no tools required
- Easy access to the processor fan system (hatch located at the rear of the terminal, no tools required)
- Giga LAN and/or optional WIFI interface
- 'Energy Star' certified internal power supply (the European reference label for electrical equipment performance and compliance with environmental standards: see www.eu-energystar.org)
- Wide variety of connections (e.g. 8 USB ports plus 4 serial ports)
- 2 colours for the base unit (CPU) plus 10 colours using POSLIGNE®'s interchangeable Clip'n Color system
POSLIGNE® proudly presents exciting new clip colours: Cassis (soft violet), Iris (metallic mauve), Silver (metallic silver), Kiwi (fruity green) and Mocha (gentle coffee brown).
These offer a natural extension to the existing colour range: Tonic Orange, Carmine Red, Indigo Blue, Pure White and Black Piano.
The Odyssé 2 terminal base (CPU) is available in 2 colours, pearl and graphite.
Founded in 1989 and listed on Euronext Paris since 1999, the AURES Group manufactures point-of-sale terminals and systems as well as related peripherals, which it markets under the POSLIGNE® brand.
Acclaimed for its reliability and performance, this PC-based, open-system hardware is designed to provide management and till functions in specialist food and non-food stores, mass retail outlets, and the hotel and catering industry, as well as all other points of sale and service.
Offering hardware featuring innovative designs and a wide range of fully interchangeable colours, the AURES Group is positioned as the most creative leader in its field.
Distribution of POSLIGNE® systems is based out of AURES' headquarters in France, the Group's three subsidiaries in the United Kingdom, Germany and the USA, and a distributor network present in over forty countries.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Was ist Plug-and-Play?
Als Plug-and-play (PnP) wird in der Regel eine automatische Erkennung und Konfiguration von Hardwarekomponenten bezeichnet. Darüber hinaus verkürzt eine Plug-and-play- beziehungsweise Modul-Bauweise die Planung und Errichtung von Datacenter.Weiterlesen