85737 Ismaning, de
+49 (89) 958226-11
IFOY AWARD goes Intralogistics
- "International Forklift Truck of the Year" becomes "International Intralogistics and Forklift Truck of the Year" Award.
- Applications start September 1 with new
- New IFOY seal "Best in Intralogistics".
It has already been the case for three years that not just forklift manufacturers but also all intralogistics providers have been able to enter their innovations for the IFOY Award. Now, the IFOY organisation has integrated intralogistics also as part of the name. The "International Forklift Truck of the Year" is being rechristened "International Intralogistics and Forklift Truck of the Year" Award – the abbreviation "IFOY" remains unchanged.
"IFOY was launched as a forklift award and has become the benchmark for innovation in intralogistics. From the beginning, we received entries from system and software providers, and the forklift manufacturers have long been building not just materials handling equipment but also competing with the providers of integrated intralogistics systems. The renaming of the award is a logical step and levels the playing field for all entrants", are the reasons given by Anita Würmser, Executive Jury Chairperson for the IFOY Award. Despite the fact that the categories have been expanded, the jury will in future continue to nominate only the best entrants for the final round. Also unchanged is the testing and selection method, which will be supplemented by the test procedure and the innovation checks for the new categories. The results of the tests and expert opinions form the basis for the decisions of the international jury made up of trade journalists from 17 countries.
In order to more clearly document the high level of innovation and the technical quality of the finalists, a "Best in Intralogistics" seal of approval is being introduced for the products and solutions that pass the IFOY test procedure – recognised as the toughest selection process – with flying colours.
New IFOY categories in 2018
The entry categories have also been redefined. The newly named "Intralogistics Software of the Year" and "Intralogistics Robot of the Year" categories will in future be for apps, software solutions or robot-supported solutions for intralogistics applications. In the slightly modified category "Integrated Warehouse Solution", the focus is not on the vehicles but on planning and implementation expertise. The award recognises successfully implemented holistic warehouse solutions at a customer location.
Awards are presented for the best "cranes and lifting devices" every two years at the CeMAT.
The "Special Vehicle" category is being expanded to include "Heavy Load Forklifts". Entries are accepted for special vehicle design as well as container stackers, on-board forklifts, truck-mounted forklifts or heavy duty forklifts with a load capacity of more than eight tons.
The traditional forklift truck categories – "Counter Balanced Truck" up to 3.5 and over 3.5 tons – as well as the "Warehouse Truck" categories "highlifter" and "lowlifter" for trucks with lifting heights above and below six metres remain unchanged. In the "Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV)" category, driverless transport vehicles and shuttles will be vying for the award. The category "Special of the Year" recognises outstanding technical details or components, such as ergonomic innovations, safety solutions, automation components, but also drive technologies.
The entrant portal of the most important international intralogistics award opens again on September 1, 2017 at www.ifoy.org.
The conditions of participation can be requested from the IFOY office (www.ifoy.org).
At a glance: IFOY AWARD categories 2018
• Counter Balanced Truck: up to 3.5 tons
• Counter Balanced Truck: from 3.51 tons
• Heavy Load Forklift and Special Vehicle: Forklifts and vehicles for special tasks: container stackers, transportable forklifts, heavy-load forklifts from 8 tons, special vehicle manufacturing
• Warehouse Truck "highlifter": Materials handling equipment from the 2nd shelving level like high-bay trucks, VNA trucks or reach trucks, pedestrian-controlled highlift trucks, orderpicking trucks, etc.
Warehouse Truck "lowlifter": Materials handling equipment up to the 1st shelving level like pedestrian-controlled lowlift trucks, lift trucks, tow tractors, tugger trains, order-picking trucks, etc.
• Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV), Shuttle: Shuttle (systems), driverless transport systems, automated/partially automated materials handling equipment in the context of the application options
• Intralogistics Robot: Robots or robot-based solutions for intralogistic applications like picking robots, palletizing and depalletizing robots, cobots, robots for automatic unloading and loading of trucks, etc.
• Intralogistics Software: Apps and intralogistics system or software solutions in the context of the application options like warehouse management systems, truck guidance systems, advanced driver assistance systems, fleet management systems, etc.
• Integrated Warehouse Solution: A warehouse concept that has been successfully realised at the customer's location
• Special of the Year: Components or technical details that significantly improve economics or environment, or the physical or psychological conditions of the user, like ergonomic innovations, safety assistant solutions, automation solutions, drive technology, forklift attachments, etc.
• 2018 only: Crane and Lifting Appliance: Cranes for various applications, like bridge and gantry cranes, wall travelling cranes, jib cranes, overhead monorail cranes, light cranes, etc. Lifting appliances like chain hoists and rope hoists, winches, magnet lifters, vacuum lifters, lifting platforms and mobile elevating work platforms etc.
IFOY AWARD WWW.IFOY.ORG
The International Intralogistics and Forklift Truck of the Year (IFOY AWARD) recognises the year's best intralogistics products and solutions. The aim of the organisation is to document the performance capability and innovative drive of the intralogistics, helping to boost competitiveness and raise the profile of the entire sector in the public arena. The winners of the IFOY Award are selected once a year by an independent jury of international trade journalists. The sponsor of the IFOY Award is the VDMA Materials Handling and Intralogistics Sector Association. The IFOY partners are Deutsche Messe with the leading international CeMAT trade fair for intralogistics in Hannover, and the Messe München trade fair company in Munich with the "transport logistic", bauma and IFAT fairs. The IFOY pallet partner is CHEP, the global market leader in pallet pooling. The IFOY technology partner is the battery charging specialist Fronius. The patron of the IFOY Award is the German Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy. The headquarters of the IFOY Organisation are in Ismaning near Munich.
Members of the jury: Kirsty Adams, editor-in-chief SHD Logistics (UK), Vladimir Antonov, editor-in-chief Sklad i Technika (Russia), Dr. Cecilia Biondi, editor-in-chief Logistica Management (Italy), Snejina Badjeva, editor-in-chief Logistika magazine (Bulgaria), Dave Blanchard, editor-in-chief of Material Handling & Logistics / Industry Week (USA), Theo Egberts, IFOY tester and owner of Buro Andersom / Andersom Testing (Netherlands, without voting rights), Thilo Jörgl, editor-in-chief Logistik Heute (Germany), Anders Karlsson, editor-in-chief Transport & Logistik Idag (Sweden), Klaus Koch, editor-in-chief Logistik&Fördertechnik, Handel Heute (Switzerland), Allan Leibowitz, editor-in-chief forkliftaction.com (Australia), Valeria Lima de Azevedo Nammur, editor-in-chief LogWeb Magazine (Brazil), Øyvind Ludt, editor-in-chief Moderne Transport (Norway), Bernd Maienschein, editor-in-chief MM Logistik (Germany), Marilena Matei, editorial director Tranzit / Tranzit Logistica (Romania), Anton Mizunov, editor-in-chief Skladskoj complex (Russia), Maurizio Peruzzi, editor-in-chief Il Giornale della Logistica (Italy), Szilvia Rapi Jaubert, publisher and editor-in-chief Supply Chain Monitor (Hungary), Isabel Rodrigo, editor-in-chief Logística Profesional (Spain), Thomas Rosenberger, editor-in-chief lastauto omnibus (Germany), Hans- Joachim Schlobach, publisher and editor-in-chief Business+Logistic (Austria), Sascha Schmel, Managing Director association materials handling and intralogistics in the VDMA (Germany, without voting rights), Sabine Schulz-Rohde, editor-in-chief Beschaffung aktuell (Germany), Sebastian Śliwieński, editor-in-chief Warehouse Monitor (Poland), Jarlath Sweeney, editor-in-chief Fleet transport (Ireland), Johannes Tomsich, editorial director Die Wirtschaft und Logistik-Kurier (Austria), Mats Udikas, editor-in-chief Transportnytt (Sweden). The Executive Chairperson of the jury is Anita Würmser, logistics journalist and managing director of wuermser.communications.
The use of information published here for personal information and editorial processing is generally free of charge. Please clarify any copyright issues with the stated publisher before further use. In the event of publication, please send a specimen copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.