The key financial figures developed as follows:
- Sales amounted to 1,285.6 million euros (MEUR) and were thus lower than the reference figure for the previous year (-8.5% versus Q1 2015: 1,404.3 MEUR). All business areas recorded a decline in sales.
- Order intake, at 1,247.4 MEUR, reached a satisfactory level, however, it was 12.8% below the reference figure of the previous year (Q1 2015: 1,430.6 MEUR). While the PULP & PAPER business area in particular and also SEPARATION were able to increase order intake compared to Q1 2015, HYDRO and METALS saw a significant decline in order intake.
- Order backlog as of March 31, 2016 amounted to 7,147.6 MEUR, thus decreasing slightly compared to the end of last year (December 31, 2015: 7,324.2 MEUR).
- Despite the decline in sales, EBITA increased to 83.9 MEUR (Q1 2015: 73.4 MEUR). This is due to the very positive development in the PULP & PAPER and HYDRO business areas. Thus, profitability of the Group (EBITA margin) increased to 6.5% (Q1 2015: 5.2%).
- Net income without non-controlling interests increased to 52.5 MEUR (Q1 2015: 44.0 MEUR).
Annual and financial reports
The annual reports and financial reports of the ANDRITZ GROUP are available as PDF for download at www.andritz.com. Printed copies can be requested by e-mail to email@example.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release constitute "forward-looking statements". These statements, which contain the words "believe", "intend", "expect", and words of a similar meaning, reflect the Executive Board’s beliefs and expectations and are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially. As a result, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. The company disclaims any obligation to publicly announce the result of any revisions to the forward-looking statements made herein, except where it would be required to do so under applicable law.