ANDRITZ GROUP: Results for the first half of 2016
- Sales in the first half of 2016 amounted to 2,761.2 MEUR, decreasing by 8.1% compared to the previous year’s reference period (H1 2015: 3,005.6 MEUR). In the second quarter of 2016, sales decreased by 7.8% compared to the previous year’s reference period, reaching 1,475.6 MEUR (Q2 2015: 1,601.3 MEUR).
- In the first half of 2016, order intake of 2,566.4 MEUR was practically at the same level as during the previous year’s reference figure (-0.5% versus H1 2015: 2,580.0 MEUR). In the second quarter of 2016, order intake amounted to 1,319.0 MEUR, thus increasing by 14.8% compared to the previous year’s reference period (Q2 2015: 1,149.4 MEUR) and also by 5.7% compared to the previous quarter (Q1 2016: 1,247.4 MEUR). This increase is particularly due to some large orders being booked in the metal forming sector for the automotive and the automotive supplying industry (market segment of Schuler).
- The order backlog as of June 30, 2016, amounted to 7,076.3 MEUR (-3.4% versus December 31, 2015: 7,324.2 MEUR).
- Despite the decline of sales, the EBITA, at 183.0 MEUR, in the first half of 2016 remained practically at the same level as during the previous year’s reference period (-1.0% versus H1 2015: 184.9 MEUR). As a result, profitability (EBITA margin) increased to 6.6% (H1 2015: 6.2%). In the second quarter of 2016, the EBITA amounted to 99.1 MEUR (-11.1% versus Q2 2015: 111.5 MEUR).
- Net income (without non-controlling interests) increased to 120.2 MEUR (H1 2015: 113.9 MEUR) in the first half of 2016.
Wolfgang Leitner, President & CEO of ANDRITZ AG: “In view of the continuing, difficult overall macroeconomic environment, we are satisfied with the results achieved in the first half of the year. From today’s perspective, we do not expect any significant changes in the markets we serve for the remaining months of this year.”
On the basis of the current financial results, ANDRITZ expects a decline in Group sales for the 2016 business year compared to 2015, but also expects solid development of profitability at the same time.
ANDRITZ is a globally leading supplier of plants, equipment, and services for hydropower stations, the pulp and paper industry, the metalworking and steel industries, and for solid/liquid separation in the municipal and industrial sectors. The publicly listed technology Group is headquartered in Graz, Austria, and has a staff of approximately 25,700 employees. ANDRITZ operates over 250 sites worldwide.
Annual and financial reports
The annual reports and financial reports of the ANDRITZ GROUP are available as PDF for download at www.andritz.com. Printed copies can be requested by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.