Unlock Your Record Setting AMD FX Series Processor Today
With the first eight-core desktop processor, enthusiasts and overclockers get an amazing PC experience at unheard of prices
"AMD FX CPUs are back with a vengeance, as validated by the recent feat of setting a Guinness World Records® title for 'Highest Frequency of a Computer Processor,'" said Chris Cloran, corporate vice president and general manager, Client Group at AMD. "While overclockers will certainly enjoy the frequencies the AMD FX processors can achieve, PC enthusiasts and HD media aficionados will appreciate the remarkable experience that AMD FX processors can provide as part of a balanced, affordable desktop system."
All AMD FX CPUs offer completely unlocked processor clock multipliers for easier overclocking, paving the way for PC enthusiasts to enjoy higher CPU speeds and related performance gains. Additionally, these processors use AMD Turbo Core Technology to dynamically optimize performance across CPU cores enabling maximum performance for intense workloads.
Starting today, the following AMD FX CPUs will be available from global retailers. Additional AMD FX CPUs and systems based on the AMD FX processors will be available for purchase following the initial launch.
- FX-8150: Eight cores, 3.6 GHz CPU base (3.9 GHz Turbo Core, 4.2 GHz Max Turbo), $245 suggested retail price (U.S.)
- FX-8120: Eight cores, 3.1 GHz CPU base (3.4 GHz Turbo Core, 4.0 GHz Max Turbo), $205 suggested retail price (U.S.)
- FX-6100: Six cores, 3.3 GHz CPU base (3.6 GHz Turbo Core, 3.9 GHz Max Turbo), $165 suggested retail price (U.S.)
- FX-4100: Four cores, 3.6 GHz CPU base (3.7 GHz Turbo Core, 3.8 GHz Max Turbo), $115 suggested retail price (U.S.)
Without spending a small fortune, users can combine an AMD FX CPU with an AMD 9-series chipset motherboard and AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6000 series graphics cards to create the AMD "Scorpius" platform for an astounding gaming and HD entertainment experience. As part of the "Scorpius" platform, AMD FX CPUs also support AMD CrossFireX(TM) technology, which allows the combination of multiple graphics cards in a PC for stunning visual experiences, and AMD Eyefinity technology support for super resolution on up to six monitors.(1) With AMD CatalystControl Center(TM) / AMD VISION Engine Control Center, users can get regular updates to help improve system performance and stability, and to add new software enhancements.
- Stay tuned to the AMD Game blog for AMD's take on AMD FX CPU performance, overclocking and more.
- Learn how AMD set a Guinness World Record.
- Is your rig ready for the AMD FX CPU? Read up to be sure.
- Follow AMD on Twitter at @AMD_Unprocessed for AMD FX CPU updates.
- Like AMD on Facebook.
(1) AMD CrossFireX(TM) technology requires an AMD CrossFireX Ready motherboard, and may require an AMD CrossFireX(TM) Bridge Interconnect (one for each additional graphics card) and a specialized power supply. Note that the following graphics cards only support AMD CrossFireX technology in dual mode (i.e.: maximum 2 graphics cards): AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6670, HD 6570, HD 6450, HD 5670 and ATI Radeon(TM) HD 5670, HD5570, HD 5550, HD 5450 and do not require a bridge interconnect. AMD Eyefinity technology works with games and applications that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort(TM) connectors, and/or DisplayPort(TM) compliant active adapters to convert your monitor's native input to your card's DisplayPort(TM) or Mini-DisplayPort(TM) connector(s), are required. AMD Eyefinity technology can support multiple displays using a single enabled AMD Radeon(TM) graphics card with Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating systems - the number of displays may vary by board design and you should confirm exact specifications with the applicable manufacturer before purchase. SLS ("Single Large Surface") functionality requires an identical display resolution on all configured displays.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Fusion Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Catalyst Control Center, CrossFireX, Radeon and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Press releases you might also be interested in
Weitere Informationen zum Thema "Hardware":
Markt für Großformat-Drucker dümpelt so dahin
Die Nachfrage ist da, aber die Umsätze stagnieren. Die Marktforscher von IDC erkennen für die Anbieter keine Hoffnungszeichen auf bessere Geschäfte. Anwender aber können auf günstigere Preise setzen.Weiterlesen