AMD and Rockwell Collins Help Improve Situational Awareness by Providing Pilots with Detailed 3D Imagery
Rockwell Collins selects AMD Radeon(TM) E2400 embedded GPU to support Synthetic Vision in its Pro Line Fusion(TM) Avionics System
"The rapid and accurate visualization of data and access to information are essential for professionals in the aerospace and defense industries," said Richard Jaenicke, director, Embedded Client Business, AMD. "The AMD Radeon E2400 was specifically designed to meet customers' demand for high-quality graphics with a stable, long-lasting supply, making it ideal for system designers such as Rockwell Collins."
Benefits of AMD Radeon E2400 for Avionics Systems
- High performance 3D graphics technology: delivers realistic, real-time terrain imagery to the 15.1" primary flight deck LCD displays
- Advanced 3D graphics acceleration: support for OpenGL 2.0, Shader Model 4.0, anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering and texture compression
- Small footprint with on-chip 128MB of GDDR3: helps minimize system space requirements and simplifies system design
- Sophisticated power management features: flexibility to adjust clock settings to help reduce power consumption as needed
- Visit the AMD Radeon E2400 Embedded Graphics Processor product page: http://www.amd.com/...
- Facebook: Become a fan of AMD technology on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AMD
- Visit the Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion Avionics System product page: http://www.rockwellcollins.com/...
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit www.amd.com.